Emma Gibson heads up the Corporate group in the Thames Valley office of Shoosmiths. She specialises in corporate finance, with particular emphasis on private equity, mergers and acquisitions, management buy-outs/buy-ins, corporate reconstructions and public company compliance and fundraisings.
Gibson acts for both private and public companies on all aspects of fundraising, whether through debt, equity or the capital markets.
Her experience includes:
– Acting for August Equity in various healthcare transactions including the acquisition of Lifeways, Enara and Active Assistance and on the establishment of their buy and build platforms;
– Acting for numerous management teams on private-equity-backed MBO/MBI transactions including the MBO of Krispy Kreme (UK) (backed by Alcuin Capital) and the secondary buy-out of the Davis Group (backed by Electra Partners);
– Acting for various AIM-listed corporates such as Game Group and KBC Advanced Technologies on all aspects of regulatory compliance associated with their listing and on fundraising;
– Acting for KBC Advanced Technologies on its acquisition of Infochem Computer Services;
– Acting for a niche tech sector client on its sale to US company IBM;
– Acting for Magenta Partners on its investment in JoJo Maman Bebe, a specialist multi-channel baby, nursery and maternity retailer;
– Acting for August Equity on its investment in Funeral Services Partners;
– Acting on the management buy-out of Automated Systems Group backed by Matrix Private Equity;
– Acting on behalf of the vendors on the sale of LM Group to Experian; and
– Acting for Lloyds Development Capital on its secondary buy-out of Leasedrive Velo and on its acquisitions of Bighand and Speed Check.
Gibson joined Shoosmiths in 2002, having been previously with a large regional firm. Prior to qualification, she ran her own business in the leisure sector for six years and therefore brings considerable practical commercial experience to her role.
She is a director of the TV and Berkshire Local Enterprise Partnership and chairs the Access to Finance Forum, working with representatives of government, BIS, banks, Angel networks and other VCT/EIS investment funds to facilitate an SME’s access to finance.
Emma is ‘recommended’ in both Legal 500 and Chambers and was named Lawyer of the Year in the Thames Valley and Solent Deal awards in 2012.
News from Shoosmiths
News from The Lawyer
Briefings from Shoosmiths
The GMC (Fitness to Practise and Constitution of Panels and Investigation Committee) Amendment Rules 2013 are now in force.
How businesses can cope with disasters.
Analysis from The Lawyer
Compliance and corporate governance codes for large financial institutions will undoubtedly include provisions to regulate high pay in the future
There’s more to the ABS model than attracting the man in the street and procuring external investment. Partners at the big corporate firms, take note…