Dr Andreas O'Shea
Andreas O’Shea practices in the UK and Malta and before international courts and tribunals. Andreas’ legal experience also extends to the EU, particularly Belgium and France, as well as Libya and South Africa.
Andreas has acted in a number of major war crimes trials before the International Criminal Court, the International Criminal Tribunal for Rwanda, the International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia and the Special Court for Sierra Leone.
Andreas provides advice and assistance on:
- EU law — freedom of movement, employment and residence
- Human rights — refugee law, nationality, residence
- Bribery and corruption
- Crime — drug and human trafficking, extradition, money laundering, international terrorism
- State and corporate responsibility
Andreas has taught and published extensively in the field of International Law and is the author of:
- International Law and Organisation: A Practical Analysis (1998)
- Amnesty for Crime in International Law and Practice (2001)
Briefings from Acumum
It is expected that the new Russia-Malta Tax Treaty will be in force much quicker than its predecessor.
Aviation, highlighted by the Maltese Government as a growth industry is actively encouraged with the provision of very attractive fiscal benefits.