The Lawyer Asia Pacific 150 is the only research report to provide a ranking of the top 100 independent local firms and top 50 global firms in the region. The report offers critical review of some of the fastest growing firms and their strategies, a country-by-country guide to leading legal advisers and legal services market trends, plus exclusive insight into the current business development opportunities in the Asia Pacific. Read more
This year, The Lawyer’s annual ranking of the largest UK law firms by turnover is available as an interactive, digital benchmarking tool. For the first time this will allow you to manipulate each data set against the metrics of your choice.
Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer, led by Tobias Muller-Deku, has strengthened its relationship with Deutsche Bank after advising on the bank's acquisition of Russian investment bank United Financial Group (UFG).
Freshfields cements ties with Deutsche Bank
Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer, led by Tobias Muller-Deku, has strengthened its relationship with Deutsche Bank after advising on the bank's acquisition of Russian investment bank United Financial Group (UFG). Deutsche Bank entered into a strategic partnership with the investment bank in January 2004 and acquired a 40 per cent equity stake in UFG at the time. Under the terms of the latest deal, which was announced earlier this month, Deutsche Bank will acquire the remaining 60 per cent equity interest, giving it complete ownership of UFG. The Deutsche Bank in-house team was led by Arnd Sieling. Debevoise & Plimpton acted for UFG.
Reynolds Porter acts for DMGT on website takeover
Reynolds Porter Chamberlain (RPC) has advised Daily Mail and General Trust Holdings (DMGT) on the recommended takeover of Fastcrop, the owner of primelocation.com, for £48m. Primelocation is a website for quality estate agents wishing to advertise their properties on the internet. The RPC team was led by corporate partners Tim Anderson and James Mee. Fastcrop was advised by Eversheds, led by Aleen Gulvanessian.
Speechly advises on Orpak Industries float
Speechly Bircham, led by partners Joel Adler and Andrew Collins, has advised new Israeli-based client Orpak Industries on its flotation on AIM. The placing will raise £14.7m, with the company being valued at approximately £47m. The money raised will be used to fund Orpak's continuing research and development requirements and accelerate the growth in revenue from the sale of the company's products. Memery Crystal advised nominated adviser Seymour Pierce.