The Lawyer Asia Pacific 150 is the only research report to provide a ranking of the top 100 independent local firms and top 50 global firms in the region. The report offers critical review of some of the fastest growing firms and their strategies, a country-by-country guide to leading legal advisers and legal services market trends, plus exclusive insight into the current business development opportunities in the Asia Pacific. Read more
This year, The Lawyer’s annual ranking of the largest UK law firms by turnover is available as an interactive, digital benchmarking tool. For the first time this will allow you to manipulate each data set against the metrics of your choice.
Reed Smith Warner Cranston (Edward Miller) advised Tate & Lyle on a global alliance with Johnson & Johnson company McNeil Nutritionals. The deal will realign the companies' production of Sucralose, a new sweetener. McNeil advised by Linklaters & Alliance. Wragge & Co (Richard Haywood, Sharon Ayres) advised Carillion on its £34m acquisition of GT Rail Maintenance, a part of Alsthom. Carillion already owned 49 per cent of the company and bought the remaining 51 per cent from Alsthom. Alsthom advised in-house (Altan Kledwin Davies). Norton Rose (Benedict Coleman, Andrew Phillips, Robin Brooks) advised the Czech Republic's lead bank Komercní Banka on its euro1.6bn (£1bn) privatisation by share sale. The transaction saw French bank and strategic investor Société Générale buy 60 per cent of Komercní Banka's shares from government organisation the Czech National Property Fund. Société Générale advised by Allen & Overy and the Czech fund by Weil Gotshal & Manges. Veale Wasbrough (David Worthington) advised the Ministry of Defence on its purchase of a £1.8bn defence communications programme from General Dynamics. The system, which goes under the acronym Bowman, will provide the army with an improved tactical combat radio communications capacity. General Dynamics was advised by Baker & McKenzie.