David Jackson is a partner and national head of our commercial team. Having joined Shoosmiths in 2006, he specialises in commercial law matters and in particular the areas of complex business partnering, outsourcing and sourcing transactions.
He is ranked as a national leader in outsourcing by Chambers & Partners 2012 in which clients refer to him as ‘technically clever’ and comment that he ‘stands out for his commerciality and responsiveness — if I need something to happen, he makes sure it gets done’. This year’s edition describes him as a ‘robust negotiator — somebody you can rely on to get you what you need without overstepping the mark’.
He regularly advises upon business-critical projects for clients within a diverse range of industry sectors including technology, automotive, finance, FM, manufacturing, and retail.
Recent deals led by David while at Shoosmiths include advising:
- Northamptonshire police in relation to its strategic shared services arrangements with Cheshire Police and Cap Gemini
- Iron Mountain Inc, the global records company, in relation to a number of big ticket outsourcing deals with the likes of Statoil in Norway, the UK Borders Agency, Pearl and Royal London
- Dudley Borough MBC in relation to its strategic 10-year multi million pound contract to appoint an ICT provider to provide a managed IT service to 110 schools in the West Midlands
- A leading provider of payment transaction services in relation to a deal with the Post Office in connection with its Travel Money Card
- Informa Plc, the FTSE publishing giant, on a broad spectrum of commercial contract matters including major offshoring transactions with a service provider based in India
- Royal Bank of Scotland Plc in relation to a deal with Mabanaft for a fuel certainty scheme for NatWest’s small business customers
- Northamptonshire County Council in relation to its ground-breaking shared services IT deal with Cambridgeshire County Council and Fujitsu
- Jaguar Land Rover on a multi-jurisdictional high-profile contract for the appointment of a roadside repair partner to undertake services in 34 countries throughout Europe
- Centro in connection with its Framework Agreement for the Integrated Passenger Transport Database which displays travel information in public places throughout the West Midlands
- MOTO, the motorway service operator, in relation to its franchise arrangements with Marks & Spencer, its multi-site gaming arrangements with Inspired Gaming Plc and its national distribution arrangements with Blakemores
- The Law Society over the past six years in relation to a range of matters including the outsourcing of the Legal Complaints Handling Service and the contractual aspects of the national Conveyancing Quality Scheme (CQS)
- Aramark Corporation, the Fortune 500 global professional services company, on all its UK outsourcing and commercial matters including deals with the MoD, Healthcare Trusts and LEPs
- Cerner Corporation, the global healthcare ICT provider, on a broad range of outsourcing and commercial contracts matters
Jackson trained at Hammonds in 1998 and moved on qualification to DLA Piper. In 2004, he moved in house at Compass Group Plc, responsible for its major outsourcing projects before joining Shoosmiths in 2006.
News from Shoosmiths
News from The Lawyer
Briefings from Shoosmiths
These days, it seems as if every passing week brings with it a new story in the press about the legal risks of engaging with social media.
It is important to know what changes have been made to the statutory regime for succession to a tenancy when a tenant dies.
Analysis from The Lawyer
Compliance and corporate governance codes for large financial institutions will undoubtedly include provisions to regulate high pay in the future
There’s more to the ABS model than attracting the man in the street and procuring external investment. Partners at the big corporate firms, take note…