Craig Walker, partner at Goodman Derrick, specialises in commercial litigation. He is experienced in a wide range of commercial disputes for corporate and individual clients including general property disputes, banking and fraud, professional negligence, contractual and shareholder disputes and insolvency.
Walker has acted in a number of substantial domestic and international disputes and significant cases include:
- Acting for a number of international investors against a major bank in relation to a $50m fraud involving issues as to duty of care and liability in constructive trust
- Acting in the first Court of Appeal case concerning the interpretation of the Commercial Agents Regulations
- Acting for a large charitable institution in relation to agency commission claims brought by a fine-art dealer in connection with the purchase of three world-renowned paintings
- Acting for a UK-based client in relation to a US investigation pursuant to the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act
- Acting for the major UK independent broadcaster and producer in relation to a number of high-profile libel matters
- Acting for an individual in relation to a disputed personal guarantee alleged to have been given concerning a McLaren Mercedes sports car
News from Goodman Derrick
Briefings from Goodman Derrick
Are post-termination restrictions on a recruitment consultant enforceable where information is widely available on social media?
The High Court has held that six-month non-dealing and non-solicitation post-termination restrictions were enforceable by the recruitment business against a former employee.
No, according to the EAT, in the case of a group of agency workers who were assigned to one hirer for periods ranging from between six and 25 years.
Analysis from The Lawyer
Active financial management is vital, but with firms looking more closely at the process of debt and fee collection, the personal touch still counts
The lure of the law can kick in at any stage of life. We speak to four individuals who have made a radical switch to a legal career