The corporate and commercial department is made up of 81 professionals, including 22 equity partners and 13 salary partners. We are lawyers and chartered accountants (known as commercialisti in Italy). All our partners are young and very active in daily practice.
We work in close co-operation with NCTM lawyers in other departments and with financial advisers, auditing companies and qualified external consultants. The department is present in all offices of the firm, both in Italy and abroad. We provide quick answers from a specialist network.
The department structure allows us to be fully up to date with, and even anticipate, the constantly changing legal framework.
For every business, it is vital to ensure that its activities be carried in full compliance with the various and ever-changing regulations of the sector, taking the best from the opportunities offered. To this end, NCTM has built up well-established experience in assisting and advising businesses on commercial and corporate matters.
The firm provides advice and assistance on an ongoing basis — also through specialist teams — at all stages of the business lifecycle, from start-up to development and consolidation to restructuring and internationalisation.
The department’s core activities are as follows:
- Day-to-day advice on commercial or corporate matters, through organised teams to meet the clients’ needs in real time
- Business contracts (distribution, sales concession, supply and outsourcing, tolling, franchising, agency, mediation, business procurement, procurement of works and services, merchandising, sponsorship, cash pooling, commission, deposit, general terms and conditions of sale or purchase and so on)
- Strategic advice (start-up, development and consolidation and restructuring and internationalisation of a business)
- Ongoing advice in specialist areas, regarding specific issues or sectors
Our services include corporate secretarial services for handling all corporate formalities, company book running and compliance matters.
- Environment, health and safety: delegations of authority, in-house HSE procedures, legal audits, risk assessment documents (DVR), in-house work contracts, environmental reclamation, waste, emissions, clean-up procedures
- Private clients: estate and heritage planning, succession issues, optimisation of the governance of family businesses, management of artwork
- Compliance: organisational models as per Legislative Decree 231/01, legal audits, anti-money laundering, in-house controls, defence investigations
- Consumers and product liability: unfair trading practices, guarantees of conformity, advertising communication, information to consumers, e-commerce, product liability, tourist services
- Corporate governance: regulatory matters for listed companies, relationships among corporate bodies, conflicts of interest, information duties
- Personal data protection: information statements, policies, and consents, authorisations, notifications, profiling, network monitoring, data base management, export
- Food and beverages
- Automotive, rail and aviation
- Pharmaceuticals, medical
- Logistics, transportation and shipping
- Telecommunications, media and technologies
- Hospitality, travel and leisure
- Sport and entertainment
‘The practice provides “360-degree assistance”’ — Legal 500
For more information on corporate and commercial click here.
This material was sourced from the NCTM website.