Charlotte Cook is a solicitor in the housing and regeneration department, and has extensive experience working with registered providers (RPs), NHS bodies, local authorities and especially with other care and support organisations.
She has particular expertise in development work (including planning gain and management areas, as well as construction and ancillary matters, both on greenfield and regeneration sites) as well as working with sheltered, supported housing and extra care providers.
- Advising a number of RPs on major regeneration site acquisitions (including planning and construction matters), as well as acquisition of development sites for mixed residential use
- Advising London-based RPs on joint-venture arrangements with private developers for development of mixed-tenure (residential and commercial) schemes
- Commercial portfolio management for a number of RPs
- Acting for major nationwide RP in major portfolio disposals of both supported housing and general needs accommodation as well as acquisition of sites to be developed for supporting housing use, including negotiation of arrangements with care provider
- Completing terms for provision of extra care and care home accommodation for RP (in conjunction with national care provider)
News from Winckworth Sherwood
News from The Lawyer
Briefings from Winckworth Sherwood
The Court of Appeal recently handed down a decision that will be welcomed by consultants and developers alike.
The tenant’s right of first refusal was introduced to prevent landlords from selling the reversionary interest in a tenant’s flat without the tenant’s knowledge.