Charlie Proddow specialises in property development and regeneration projects for private and public sector housing providers, providing clients with advice and guidance on all aspects of site assembly, land acquisition, onward disposals and lettings for residential and mixed-use schemes.
He has particular experience in advising housing associations on development and other property-related transactions, including consortium agreements, funding and grant agreements, local authority nomination agreements and joint ventures. His background in commercial property means he also advises private and public sector clients on a variety of commercial property transactions, acting for both landlords and occupiers.
- Advising Sovereign Housing Group on the purchase of land from Taylor Wimpey for the construction of 98 affordable housing units in Romsey, Hampshire
- Acting for Berkeley Homes on its Caspian Wharf development in Tower Hamlets, including the sale of 153 affordable housing units to a housing association and the letting of the commercial units on the site
- Representing Gallions Housing Association on a contractual joint venture with Development Securities for the mixed-use redevelopment and sale of Gallions’ former offices site and adjoining land in Thamesmead
- Acting for a joint venture between Barratt Homes and Wilson Bowden on their successful bid, through a competitive dialogue process, to act as master developer for the regeneration of Basildon town centre
- Acting on the acquisition by Thames Valley Housing Association of a 15-year option to purchase from two land owners a 19-acre greenfield site in Wokingham, Berkshire for residential development
- Advising Flourish Homes on the acquisition and development of a new headquarters office building
News from Winckworth Sherwood
News from The Lawyer
Briefings from Winckworth Sherwood
James Lynas, a partner at Winckworth Sherwood specialising in education employment law, highlights easily avoidable human resources errors that can cost schools dear.
Name or shame: complying with the name and charitable status provisions of the Co-operative and Community Benefit Societies Act 2014
This note focuses on two key provisions of the Act which deal with the requirement to display the name and charitable status of registered societies.