I have been editor of The Lawyer since 2000 and in that time have launched numerous products, such as our student title Lawyer 2B, the Hot 100, the Workplace and Diversity Awards (now The Lawyer Management Awards) and the UK200, our annual investigation into law firm finances, as well as leading the transition from a pure print title to a digitally focused product. My interests within the legal sector span from global law firm strategy to diversity and social mobility, and I also have long experience writing about corporate and finance transactions and issues facing in-house lawyers. I speak French and Welsh and I tweet as @lawyercatrin.
- 020 7970 4637
Until now ‘international’ has been a bit of a euphemism since historically the firms in our survey have always been American. This year, though, the terminology is correct
Holman Fenwick Willan (HFW) senior partner Richard Crump has relocated permanently to Singapore in a move that underlines the firm’s ambitious plans to grow its Asia practice.
Weil Gotshal & Manges has lured Goldman Sachs star Andrew Wilkinson back into legal practice to boost its pan-European restructuring business.
- Borrowing your way to growth
- Freshfields super-dealmaker O'Brien retires - to do more deals
- Limber up for the Africa play-offs
- Beware a council lawyer scorned
- US energy giant Sutherland launches in London with boutique merger
- Losing the magic touch in finance
- Chance of a sturdier Saudi solution
- Accountants aren’t kidding with ABS this time
- Stress: the elephant in the room
- New leaders, new styles
- DLA shake-up: Knowles to become chair, Angel to step down next year
- Price war is hell
- BLP's Eisenberg: the magic circle has been undercutting us
- Truth behind good retention rates
- A farewell to UK finance work
- Exclusive: Shell legal boss Rees in shock departure
- The year the future arrived