I have been editor of The Lawyer since 2000 and in that time have launched numerous products, such as our student title Lawyer 2B, the Hot 100, the Workplace and Diversity Awards (now The Lawyer Management Awards) and the UK200, our annual investigation into law firm finances, as well as leading the transition from a pure print title to a digitally focused product. My interests within the legal sector span from global law firm strategy to diversity and social mobility, and I also have long experience writing about corporate and finance transactions and issues facing in-house lawyers. I speak French and Welsh and I tweet as @thelawyercatrin.
- 020 7970 4637
It’s not all glamour, leading a law firm. Our weekly leadership interview with senior figures in private practice delves into the minutiae of management decisions and is a window on to the personalities that run some of the biggest law firms in the market.
Greenberg Traurig’s London office, Greenberg Traurig Maher (GTM), has hired Slaughter and May tax partner Graham Iversen in a high-profile lateral move in a bid to enhance its tax capability.
Let us praise legal services.
- Outflanked in this War of the Roses
- Asia responds to a lighter touch
- Culture vs risk: How to run a law firm in challenging times
- Change: the great balancing act
- Can the collaboration trend work in favour of the mid-size firm?
- Out-of-London is the new London
- Dentons, The American Lawyer row, and why PEP is not "meaningless" download
- Beware the acquisitive accountant
- We need to talk about mental health
- Client partners are a special breed
- QBE splits advisers into two in new-look roster
- Kirkland & Ellis raids Weil for banking star Stephen Lucas
- The power of working in concert
- There’s growth, but it ain’t organic
- We’ve seen the measure of excellence
- EY hires ex-BLP finance head Kellett to launch UK financial services legal team
- Hiring is the key to capital gains