I have been editor of The Lawyer since 2000 and in that time have launched numerous products, such as our student title Lawyer 2B, the Hot 100, the Workplace and Diversity Awards (now The Lawyer Management Awards) and the UK200, our annual investigation into law firm finances, as well as leading the transition from a pure print title to a digitally focused product. My interests within the legal sector span from global law firm strategy to diversity and social mobility, and I also have long experience writing about corporate and finance transactions and issues facing in-house lawyers. I speak French and Welsh and I tweet as @thelawyercatrin.
- 020 7970 4637
German lessons subscription
International firms have been reviewing their operations in Germany, with mixed results. Sidley Austin, Orrick and Shearman & Sterling have all downsized, while others, such as Pinsent Masons, Fieldfisher, Reed Smith and Greenberg Traurig, have leapt upon hiring opportunities. Frankfurt no longer exerts the biggest pull; place your bets on Munich instead.
LMI company in the spotlight: Galliford Try subscription
Galliford Try is one of the UK’s leading housebuilding and construction groups. Who are the people shaping its strategy, who do they turn to for legal advice and what in-house capabilities does the company have?
Relationship capital: The FTSE 250’s favourite law firms videosubscription
Slaughter and May is the law firm with the closest relationship with the FTSE250, advising 44 constituent companies, research gathered from new relationship management tool The Lawyer Market Intelligence has shown.
- Revealed: law firms’ FTSE 250 links subscription
- UK firms: not as global as you think subscription
- Firebrands are a firm’s best friend subscription
- China’s law firms are looking for you subscription
- How to build a business model around listening
- Take control of your own career progression
- Does RBS deserve the cold shoulder? subscription
- Cream of the crop: The Lawyer Awards' Best in Class event
- Firms call competition into play subscription
- Donny Ching’s first year as Shell’s global legal chief and why private practice must watch out subscription
- KWM’s resurgence will be built on real estate subscription
- Shell global legal director warns firms: work with us on pricing subscription
- Hot 100: management roundtable – Who dares, wins subscription
- Invest in operations professionals subscription
- Royal Mail: How to deliver change subscription
- Winning the Gen Y recruiting game subscription
- In-housers to the fore in our Hot 100 subscription