Video: Guide to a Career in Law
This 30-minute video hosted in association with BPP University College will help sixth formers and school leavers find out how they can take their first few steps to a career in law. The content will cover how to set you apart from other students, how important are A-Level results and reasons for pursuing a career in law. Expert views are provided by Peter Crisp, dean of BPP Law School, Anita Downman, LLB student, Sharon Jacobs, graduate recruiter at Linklaters, trainees from Baker & Mckenzie and Bircham Dyson Bell, and, finally, students who attended Lawyer 2B’s Year 12 Career Days.
Why are you interested in a career in law?
Peter Crisp Interview — dean, BPP Law School
What are you doing to set yourself apart from other students?
Sharon Jacobs, Linklaters: What is your firm doing to help year 12 students?
- How important are A-Level grades to a successful career in law?
- How should a student do to impress you?
- Apart from getting good A-Level grades, what else should a year 12 student be doing?
Monika Weglarz, Bircham Dyson Bell and Peter Moules, Baker & McKenzie
- What advice would you give to a year 12 student thinking about a career in law?
- Describe your average day
- What do you hope to gain from the Lawyer 2B year 12 career day?
- What’s the best experience you’ve had as a trainee?
Anita Downman Interview — LLB student, BPP Law School
Yasmin Ali Khan, subject leader, Barnet College
- Why did you and your students attend the Lawyer 2B year 12 career day?
- How are you helping our students make career decisions?
- What does attendance at these events do for students?
- What one thing could potential employers do to help your students?
- What one thing can you students do to help themselves?
Briefings from Lawyer 2B
Lawyer 2B is the leading dedicated news-led magazine and website for aspiring lawyers, solicitors or barristers.
Making training contract applications this summer? Watch this video first!