Up close and personnel: new compensation limits announced and Unison’s challenge of employment tribunal fees dismissed
Bristows has published its Up close and personnel newsletter for February 2014.
- New compensation limits announced
- Unison’s judicial review challenge of employment tribunal fees dismissed
- Is caste discrimination covered by the definition of race in the Equality Act 2010?
- An employer could not rely on a contractual termination provision to dismiss an employee without notice
- No implied term that unused flexihours will be paid on termination
- Tribunal claims made by British nationals working outside England and Wales
- Costs in the employment tribunal
Click on the link below to read the Bristows briefing.
News from Bristows
News from The Lawyer
Briefings from Bristows
The High Court has held that in certain circumstances the European Insolvency Regulations 1346/2000/EC may effectively extend the jurisdictional reach of the English courts.
A recent decision may result in a potentially more expansive basis for establishing jurisdiction over defendants in Europe.