The Brits, Baftas and immigration

The Brits and Baftas have recently come and gone, but do its international stars need immigration permission to ‘work’ in the UK?

With the Brits and Baftas having taken place recently in London to recognise the achievements of those who work in the music and film industry, have you ever wondered how our much loved celebrities from overseas are able to come to the UK to act, produce a movie or perform on tour?

Well, even those in the spotlight need to have an approved immigration status when travelling to the UK to take up the types of work mentioned above — typically using one of the categories within the points-based system…

Click on the link below to read the rest of the Gateley briefing.

Sign in or Register to continue reading this article

Sign in


It's quick, easy and free!

It takes just 5 minutes to register. Answer a few simple questions and once completed you’ll have instant access.

Register now

Why register to The Lawyer


Industry insight

In-depth, expert analysis into the stories behind the headlines from our leading team of journalists.


Market intelligence

Identify the major players and business opportunities within a particular region through our series of free, special reports.


Email newsletters

Receive your pick of The Lawyer's daily and weekly email newsletters, tailored by practice area, region and job function.

More relevant to you

To continue providing the best analysis, insight and news across the legal market we are collecting some information about who you are, what you do and where you work to improve The Lawyer and make it more relevant to you.

Briefings from Gateley Plc

View more briefings from Gateley Plc

Analysis from The Lawyer

View more analysis from The Lawyer


111 Edmund Street
B3 2HJ

Turnover (£m): 71.70
No. of lawyers: 406