Tax update — April 2014: Luxembourg and international tax law
Arendt and Medernach’s quarterly tax update is dedicated to the main changes that have occurred over the last three months with regard to Luxembourg and international tax law.
- Introduction of a bill of law approving the Convention on Mutual Administrative Assistance in Tax Matters
- Introduction of a bill of law abolishing the withholding tax system under the EU Savings Directive
- New circular letter on the tax regime for highly skilled impatriates
- New circular letter on Luxembourg tax treatment of supplementary pension schemes
- Case law on the exchange of information — the foreign request must relate to defined taxpayers and cannot be extended to third parties (Cases No. 33272a and 33273a)
- Luxembourg concludes intergovernmental agreement with the US on FATCA
- Enlargement of the scope of the Savings Directive
- VAT exemption for management of defined-contribution pension schemes
- Loss of right to deduct VAT unduly paid
- Increase of VAT rates
- Notion of special investment fund in the real estate sector
- Independent groups of persons (IGP): Luxembourg’s VAT regime challenged by the EU Commission
- Tax treaty network
Click on the link below to read the Arendt & Medernach briefing.
News from Arendt & Medernach
Briefings from Arendt & Medernach
Restrictive measures against the Russian Federation in relation to events in Ukraine: how will they affect you?
The Council of the European Union has adopted new restrictive measures targeting co-operation and exchanges with the Russian Federation.
Tax Update — July 2014: new rules for exit tax on capital gains upon migration; the tax treaty network; and more
Arendt & Medernach has released the July edition of its Tax Update.