Spotlight — the global financial services disputes and investigations briefing
Welcome to the latest quarterly briefing on legal developments across the global network. Highlights this quarter include recent developments in Italian derivatives case law, an overview of the amendments made to Spain’s insolvency regulation and the UK’s Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) issuing first-warning notices against individuals.
- Conflicts of jurisdiction for the newly created and appointed Public Prosecutor for Financial Offences
- A new definition of the extent of the obligation to inform in investment banking transactions
- The Federal Supreme Court (Bundesgerichtshof, BGH) confirms ad hoc obligation with respect to individual aspects of multi-step procedures (Decision of 23 April 2013 — II ZB 7/09)
- The new Companies Ordinance in Hong Kong — major changes to company law
- Market Abuse Regime
- The meaning of gross negligence under the Payment Services Regulations
- Italian fiscal monitoring regime and European law: a further incompatibility?
- Recent developments in Italian derivatives case law: Court of Turin, 17 January 2014
- Arbitration in the Dubai International Financial Centre
- Attachment orders
- Consolidation under the revised draft Netherlands arbitration law
- Conducting group litigation in Poland 2014
- Amendments to Spain’s insolvency regulation
- FCA publishes first warning notices against individuals
- European Court rules on the UK’s challenge to the powers of ESMA under the Short Selling Regulation — United Kingdom v Parliament and Council  C-270/12
Click on the link below to read the Eversheds briefing.
Sign in or Register to continue reading this article
It's quick, easy and free!
It takes just 5 minutes to register. Answer a few simple questions and once completed you’ll have instant access.Register now
Why register to The Lawyer
In-depth, expert analysis into the stories behind the headlines from our leading team of journalists.
Identify the major players and business opportunities within a particular region through our series of free, special reports.
Receive your pick of The Lawyer's daily and weekly email newsletters, tailored by practice area, region and job function.
More relevant to you
To continue providing the best analysis, insight and news across the legal market we are collecting some information about who you are, what you do and where you work to improve The Lawyer and make it more relevant to you.
News from Eversheds
News from The Lawyer
Analysis from The Lawyer
Eversheds is no stranger to an international tie-up but now it’s in the market for the jewel in its global crown
Which firms are cutting it in this era of slimline rosters, and who are the GC new brooms making clean sweeps? The Lawyer can reveal all