Sports, Media and Entertainment Intelligence — September 2013
DLA Piper has released the September 2013 issue of its Sports, Media and Entertainment Intelligence publication.
- Italy: yes, live poker is a skill game
- Greece: government sells its stake in OPAP
- Germany: free network feed-in for public channels
- Germany: Kabel Deutschland liable for approximately €46m in back royalties to collecting society VG Media
- Ukraine: substantial changes to personal data protection legislation go into force 1 January 2014
- UK: advertising claims — do statements of opinion or objective fact require substantiation? The ASA decides
- UK: government’s Culture Media and Sport Committee launches inquiry into online safety
- Italy: foreign blogs cannot ignore local courts
- US: R&B star claims his hit ‘Blurred Lines’ is not substantially similar to classic Marvin Gaye or Funkadelic songs
If you are registered and logged in to the site, click on the link below to read the DLA Piper briefing. If not, please register or sign in with your details below.
Sign in or Register to continue reading this article
It's quick, easy and free!
It takes just 5 minutes to register. Answer a few simple questions and once completed you’ll have instant access.Register now
Why register to The Lawyer
In-depth, expert analysis into the stories behind the headlines from our leading team of journalists.
Identify the major players and business opportunities within a particular region through our series of free, special reports.
Receive your pick of The Lawyer's daily and weekly email newsletters, tailored by practice area, region and job function.
More relevant to you
To continue providing the best analysis, insight and news across the legal market we are collecting some information about who you are, what you do and where you work to improve The Lawyer and make it more relevant to you.
News from DLA Piper
News from The Lawyer
Briefings from DLA Piper
The Australian Taxation Office released a draft ruling on the Goods and Services Tax treatment of bitcoin transactions on 20 August 2014.
DLA Piper’s ‘Life sciences: patent extension strategies and antitrust global update’ video covers global antitrust and competition issues including product hopping and reverse payment patents.
Analysis from The Lawyer
Cross-border work and political tensions are dominating this year’s entries for Finance Team of the Year at The Lawyer Awards.
Regulators are ramping up the pressure in the aftermath of recession, leaving firms to compete for compliance and restructuring work