Sports, Media and Entertainment Intelligence — September 2013
DLA Piper has released the September 2013 issue of its Sports, Media and Entertainment Intelligence publication.
- Italy: yes, live poker is a skill game
- Greece: government sells its stake in OPAP
- Germany: free network feed-in for public channels
- Germany: Kabel Deutschland liable for approximately €46m in back royalties to collecting society VG Media
- Ukraine: substantial changes to personal data protection legislation go into force 1 January 2014
- UK: advertising claims — do statements of opinion or objective fact require substantiation? The ASA decides
- UK: government’s Culture Media and Sport Committee launches inquiry into online safety
- Italy: foreign blogs cannot ignore local courts
- US: R&B star claims his hit ‘Blurred Lines’ is not substantially similar to classic Marvin Gaye or Funkadelic songs
If you are registered and logged in to the site, click on the link below to read the DLA Piper briefing. If not, please register or sign in with your details below.
News from DLA Piper
News from The Lawyer
Briefings from DLA Piper
DLA Piper has released the winter 2014 issue of SHE Matters, a newsletter dedicated to safety, health and the environment.
This regular publication by DLA Piper lawyers focuses on helping clients navigate the ever-changing business, legal and regulatory landscape.
Analysis from The Lawyer
The fragile refinance market is back in rude health and US-style alternative lenders are stepping up with innovative structures to sustain the recovery
The Lawyer’s latest Top 50 litigation firms list shows that business for dispute specialists is roaring along while new in-depth detail reveals the winning strategies