Sports, Media and Entertainment Intelligence — May 2013
The May 2013 issue of DLA Piper’s Sports, Media and Entertainment Intelligence briefing is available now.
- April’s key gambling issues
- Promotional games and contests in Belgium: look before you leap
- Australia: ‘Free TV’ proposes ban on the promotion of live odds
- Proposed UK video games tax relief to undergo commission investigation
- Virtual advertising in Spain
- Romania: amendments to the mechanism for acquisition of TV advertising space
- US: Court of Appeals rejects shutdown of retransmission service Aereo. Unsurprisingly, the broadcasters seek re-hearing
- UK: BT makes official complaint to Ofcom over BSkyB’s refusal to air ads
- China: new data privacy standard signals change
- UK Defamation Bill to become law
- Europe: public sector data to become real open data?
- Monster in Paris caged by Italian court
- NLA v Meltwater: UK Supreme Court seeks clarification from CJEU on the issue of temporary copies
- UK: revised cultural test for proposed creative sector tax reliefs
- New York federal court says no to ReDigi’s resale of digital used music
- UK: press regulation — small blogs fall outside new regime
- UK: rival Royal Charter launched by the press
If you are registered and logged in to the site, click on the link below to read the DLA Piper briefing. If not, please register or sign in with your details below.
Sign in or Register to continue reading this article
It's quick, easy and free!
It takes just 5 minutes to register. Answer a few simple questions and once completed you’ll have instant access.Register now
Why register to The Lawyer
In-depth, expert analysis into the stories behind the headlines from our leading team of journalists.
Identify the major players and business opportunities within a particular region through our series of free, special reports.
Receive your pick of The Lawyer's daily and weekly email newsletters, tailored by practice area, region and job function.
More relevant to you
To continue providing the best analysis, insight and news across the legal market we are collecting some information about who you are, what you do and where you work to improve The Lawyer and make it more relevant to you.
News from DLA Piper
News from The Lawyer
Briefings from DLA Piper
Health Alert — Julia Clare v Australian Community Pharmacy Authority; Dr Reid v Medical Council of NSW; and more
DLA Piper has released the 22 December 2014 issue of its Health Alert, which focuses on judgments, legislation and reports in the health sector.
The European Court of Justice (CJEU) has handed down a landmark judgment concerning the patentability of stem cells in Europe.
Analysis from The Lawyer
Regulators are ramping up the pressure in the aftermath of recession, leaving firms to compete for compliance and restructuring work
Shearman & Sterling is making its presence felt in the City, squaring up to magic circle firms and looking to muscle in on key relationships. Private equity house Bridgepoint is one outfit that has had its head turned by the US firm.