Sports, Media and Entertainment Intelligence — March 2014
By Nick Fitzpatrick and Patrick Mitchell
Sports, Media and Entertainment Intelligence is the global monthly publication from DLA Piper’s sports, media and entertainment group.
- Italy: product placement — rules and trends in Italy
- France: new procedure for moving a DTT channel from free to pay
- India and Canada sign co-production agreement
Internet and digital media
- Italy: YouTube — Telecinco 2-0. and in Italy?
- Germany: more detail around claims against ‘typo-squatting’?
- Google Vividown sets new rules on internet liability
- Svensson — when is it okay to link to third-party content?
- Spain: reform of intellectual property law — including the so-called Google news tax
- US: will you be ‘sorry for party rocking’ if you are liable for copyright infringement?
- European Parliament adopts Collective Rights Management Directive
- UK: public lending right scheme consultation
- Italy: AGCOM procedure for the approval of the guidelines for football media rights in 2015–18
- UK: new controls on alcohol sponsorship
- Italy: opportunities for DTT frequencies in the Italian market
- Australia: senate scrutinises state of scalping
Click on the link below to read the DLA Piper briefing.
Sign in or Register to continue reading this article
It's quick, easy and free!
It takes just 5 minutes to register. Answer a few simple questions and once completed you’ll have instant access.Register now
Why register to The Lawyer
In-depth, expert analysis into the stories behind the headlines from our leading team of journalists.
Identify the major players and business opportunities within a particular region through our series of free, special reports.
Receive your pick of The Lawyer's daily and weekly email newsletters, tailored by practice area, region and job function.
More relevant to you
To continue providing the best analysis, insight and news across the legal market we are collecting some information about who you are, what you do and where you work to improve The Lawyer and make it more relevant to you.
News from DLA Piper
News from The Lawyer
Briefings from DLA Piper
The Australian Taxation Office released a draft ruling on the Goods and Services Tax treatment of bitcoin transactions on 20 August 2014.
DLA Piper’s ‘Life sciences: patent extension strategies and antitrust global update’ video covers global antitrust and competition issues including product hopping and reverse payment patents.
Analysis from The Lawyer
Still the lawyer’s destination of choice in the region, despite falling oil prices
Cross-border work and political tensions are dominating this year’s entries for Finance Team of the Year at The Lawyer Awards.