Sports, Media and Entertainment Intelligence — January 2014
Sports, Media and Entertainment Intelligence is the global monthly publication from DLA Piper’s sports, media and entertainment group.
Betting and gaming
- Japan looking at casino promotion legislation
- US: Garden State gambling goes online
- Italian DTT broadcasting — new decision on LCN allocation
Consumer and data protection
- German Federal High Court underlines the legality of a linkage between a consumer’s purchase and participation in a raffle
- UK: Autumn Statement — making [the] successful film tax relief even more generous
- EU cinema communication — a closer look
Internet and digital media
- Italy: copyright measures against Google’s indexing of news contents
- Italian online copyright protection… Here comes the AGCOM regulation
- US district court rules for Google in book-scanning dispute
- Tokyo 2020 Olympics update
- UK: ASA Adjudication on Club Website Ltd
If you are registered and logged in to the site, click on the link below to read the DLA Piper briefing. If not, please register or sign in with your details below.
News from DLA Piper
News from The Lawyer
Briefings from DLA Piper
All-In@EiG 2014 — gaming in the cloud; patents on gaming and gambling technology; legal issues surrounding Bitcoin; and more
To coincide with the 13th European iGaming Congress and Expo, DLA Piper’s gaming team has launched All-In@EiG 2014.
Upcoming nationwide transfer pricing investigation against outbound service-fee and royalty payments
On 29 July 2014, the China State Administration of Taxation released an internal notice to the China tax authorities at the provincial levels.
Analysis from The Lawyer
Regulators are ramping up the pressure in the aftermath of recession, leaving firms to compete for compliance and restructuring work
Shearman & Sterling is making its presence felt in the City, squaring up to magic circle firms and looking to muscle in on key relationships. Private equity house Bridgepoint is one outfit that has had its head turned by the US firm.