Sports, Media and Entertainment Intelligence — January 2014
Sports, Media and Entertainment Intelligence is the global monthly publication from DLA Piper’s sports, media and entertainment group.
Betting and gaming
- Japan looking at casino promotion legislation
- US: Garden State gambling goes online
- Italian DTT broadcasting — new decision on LCN allocation
Consumer and data protection
- German Federal High Court underlines the legality of a linkage between a consumer’s purchase and participation in a raffle
- UK: Autumn Statement — making [the] successful film tax relief even more generous
- EU cinema communication — a closer look
Internet and digital media
- Italy: copyright measures against Google’s indexing of news contents
- Italian online copyright protection… Here comes the AGCOM regulation
- US district court rules for Google in book-scanning dispute
- Tokyo 2020 Olympics update
- UK: ASA Adjudication on Club Website Ltd
If you are registered and logged in to the site, click on the link below to read the DLA Piper briefing. If not, please register or sign in with your details below.
Sign in or Register to continue reading this article
It's quick, easy and free!
It takes just 5 minutes to register. Answer a few simple questions and once completed you’ll have instant access.Register now
Why register to The Lawyer
In-depth, expert analysis into the stories behind the headlines from our leading team of journalists.
Identify the major players and business opportunities within a particular region through our series of free, special reports.
Receive your pick of The Lawyer's daily and weekly email newsletters, tailored by practice area, region and job function.
More relevant to you
To continue providing the best analysis, insight and news across the legal market we are collecting some information about who you are, what you do and where you work to improve The Lawyer and make it more relevant to you.
News from DLA Piper
News from The Lawyer
Briefings from DLA Piper
The Australian Taxation Office released a draft ruling on the Goods and Services Tax treatment of bitcoin transactions on 20 August 2014.
DLA Piper’s ‘Life sciences: patent extension strategies and antitrust global update’ video covers global antitrust and competition issues including product hopping and reverse payment patents.
Analysis from The Lawyer
Cross-border work and political tensions are dominating this year’s entries for Finance Team of the Year at The Lawyer Awards.
Regulators are ramping up the pressure in the aftermath of recession, leaving firms to compete for compliance and restructuring work