Sports, Media and Entertainment Intelligence — January 2014
Sports, Media and Entertainment Intelligence is the global monthly publication from DLA Piper’s sports, media and entertainment group.
Betting and gaming
- Japan looking at casino promotion legislation
- US: Garden State gambling goes online
- Italian DTT broadcasting — new decision on LCN allocation
Consumer and data protection
- German Federal High Court underlines the legality of a linkage between a consumer’s purchase and participation in a raffle
- UK: Autumn Statement — making [the] successful film tax relief even more generous
- EU cinema communication — a closer look
Internet and digital media
- Italy: copyright measures against Google’s indexing of news contents
- Italian online copyright protection… Here comes the AGCOM regulation
- US district court rules for Google in book-scanning dispute
- Tokyo 2020 Olympics update
- UK: ASA Adjudication on Club Website Ltd
If you are registered and logged in to the site, click on the link below to read the DLA Piper briefing. If not, please register or sign in with your details below.
News from DLA Piper
News from The Lawyer
Briefings from DLA Piper
In the midst of the gale-force winds of commentary whipped up by the Google case, we should pause and ask ourselves: just how ground-breaking is this decision?
The shocking news of recent airline disasters brings into sharp focus for employers the sometimes unforeseeable risks facing employees who frequently travel for work.
Analysis from The Lawyer
Shearman & Sterling is making its presence felt in the City, squaring up to magic circle firms and looking to muscle in on key relationships. Private equity house Bridgepoint is one outfit that has had its head turned by the US firm.
A new breed of lawyer is smoothing the path for companies entering emerging or unstable jurisdictions