Sports, Media and Entertainment Intelligence — January 2014
Sports, Media and Entertainment Intelligence is the global monthly publication from DLA Piper’s sports, media and entertainment group.
Betting and gaming
- Japan looking at casino promotion legislation
- US: Garden State gambling goes online
- Italian DTT broadcasting — new decision on LCN allocation
Consumer and data protection
- German Federal High Court underlines the legality of a linkage between a consumer’s purchase and participation in a raffle
- UK: Autumn Statement — making [the] successful film tax relief even more generous
- EU cinema communication — a closer look
Internet and digital media
- Italy: copyright measures against Google’s indexing of news contents
- Italian online copyright protection… Here comes the AGCOM regulation
- US district court rules for Google in book-scanning dispute
- Tokyo 2020 Olympics update
- UK: ASA Adjudication on Club Website Ltd
If you are registered and logged in to the site, click on the link below to read the DLA Piper briefing. If not, please register or sign in with your details below.
News from DLA Piper
News from The Lawyer
Briefings from DLA Piper
The Trust Deficit: After the Crash report suggests that trust between business, politics and the media has broken down completely.
This update contains a summary of news and legal developments that have affected the banking and finance industry over the last month.
Analysis from The Lawyer
The fragile refinance market is back in rude health and US-style alternative lenders are stepping up with innovative structures to sustain the recovery
The Lawyer’s latest Top 50 litigation firms list shows that business for dispute specialists is roaring along while new in-depth detail reveals the winning strategies