Sports, Media and Entertainment Intelligence — February 2014
Sports, Media and Entertainment Intelligence is the global monthly publication from DLA Piper’s sports, media and entertainment group.
Betting and gaming
- US: draft legislation aims to prohibit internet gambling
- France: clarifying the regulatory regime applicable to radio broadcasters in cases of change of direct or indirect control
- US: Supreme Court to hear broadcasters’ case against Aereo
Consumer and data protection
- New: 2014 edition of Data Protection Laws of the world now online
- EU Commissioner Reding introduces eight principles of data protection
- EU: commission initiates antitrust proceedings re film distribution
- UK: BBFC issues new classification guidelines
Internet and digital media
- Milan Fashion Week — thoughts on social networking issues
- #FashiOnline — top five digital fashion issues
- Verizon wins net neutrality court ruling against FCC
- US: District Judge rules on Sherlock Holmes copyright dispute
- Australia: spectator charged for involvement in ‘courtsiding’ at Australian Open
- Commonwealth Games England implements its first mandatory anti-doping education policy
- The Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) prepares for the Olympic Winter Games in Sochi
If you are registered and logged in to the site, click on the link below to read the DLA Piper briefing. If not, please register or sign in with your details below.
Sign in or Register to continue reading this article
It's quick, easy and free!
It takes just 5 minutes to register. Answer a few simple questions and once completed you’ll have instant access.Register now
Why register to The Lawyer
In-depth, expert analysis into the stories behind the headlines from our leading team of journalists.
Identify the major players and business opportunities within a particular region through our series of free, special reports.
Receive your pick of The Lawyer's daily and weekly email newsletters, tailored by practice area, region and job function.
More relevant to you
To continue providing the best analysis, insight and news across the legal market we are collecting some information about who you are, what you do and where you work to improve The Lawyer and make it more relevant to you.
News from DLA Piper
News from The Lawyer
Briefings from DLA Piper
Health Alert — Julia Clare v Australian Community Pharmacy Authority; Dr Reid v Medical Council of NSW; and more
DLA Piper has released the 22 December 2014 issue of its Health Alert, which focuses on judgments, legislation and reports in the health sector.
The European Court of Justice (CJEU) has handed down a landmark judgment concerning the patentability of stem cells in Europe.
Analysis from The Lawyer
Regulators are ramping up the pressure in the aftermath of recession, leaving firms to compete for compliance and restructuring work
Shearman & Sterling is making its presence felt in the City, squaring up to magic circle firms and looking to muscle in on key relationships. Private equity house Bridgepoint is one outfit that has had its head turned by the US firm.