Shipping E-Brief — winter 2014
The Shipping E-Brief is a quarterly publication providing information on key legal decisions and developments in shipping and related business areas.
- ‘Time thereby lost’ under the NYPE off-hire clause: Court of Appeal reinstates conventional approach
- Assessment of damages for breach of contract of affreightment
- Court orders rectification of Charter Restructuring Agreement
- Incorporation of charterparty clause into bill of lading: arbitration or court jurisdiction?
- Destruction by fire not a mechanical breakdown under a laytime exclusion clause: Court of Appeal confirms Commercial Court decision
- Buyers beware: sellers’ right to claim for an unpaid deposit
- Damage to fruit in reefer unit due to alleged delay?
- Limited scope for challenging English maritime arbitration awards
- Contractual pitfalls relating to the Ballast Water Management Convention
- Maritime Labour Convention: are you a ‘shipowner’ under your charterparty?
- The recast Brussels Regulation: reinforcing the arbitration exception
Carriage of goods by road
- Carriage of goods by road: Court of Appeal clarifies jurisdiction provisions of the CMR Convention
News and events
- Two Ince & Co partners named in Lloyd’s List Top 100, 2013
- London new base for longstanding Ince & Co Piraeus office head
- New survey report: Ince & Co ranks highly for client satisfaction
- Deal of the Year win for Ince & Co at Lloyd’s List Awards Asia 2013
If you are registered and logged in to the site, click on the link below to read the Ince & Co briefing. If not, please register or sign in with your details below.
Sign in or Register to continue reading this article
It's quick, easy and free!
It takes just 5 minutes to register. Answer a few simple questions and once completed you’ll have instant access.Register now
Why register to The Lawyer
In-depth, expert analysis into the stories behind the headlines from our leading team of journalists.
Identify the major players and business opportunities within a particular region through our series of free, special reports.
Receive your pick of The Lawyer's daily and weekly email newsletters, tailored by practice area, region and job function.
More relevant to you
To continue providing the best analysis, insight and news across the legal market we are collecting some information about who you are, what you do and where you work to improve The Lawyer and make it more relevant to you.
News from Ince & Co
News from The Lawyer
Briefings from Ince & Co
The recent judgment in the Longchamp case has overturned accepted industry thinking in how bunkers and crew wages are dealt with in a hijacking.
Much will no doubt be written about the main provisions of the new Counter Terrorism and Security Bill.