Shipping e-brief — July 2013
The July 2013 issue of Ince & Co’s shipping e-brief is available now. The shipping e-brief is a quarterly publication that provides information on key legal decisions and developments in shipping and related business areas.
If you are registered and logged in to the site, click on the link below to read the Ince & Co briefing. If not, please register or sign in with your details below.
- Single hire default entitles owners to withdraw and claim loss of profit for remaining charter period
- Commercial Court confirms owners’ affirmation of charterparty does not prevent later acceptance of continuing renunciatory breach
- Can you recover the costs of exercising a lien?
- Enforceability of English arbitration agreements and a cautionary tale on SAFE registration in China
- Ship arrest abroad not in breach of undertaking in worldwide freezing order
- On the importance of back-to-back indemnities
- Service of NOR by email not permissible under this voyage charterparty
- Tribunal finds additional insurance cover against piracy risks not ‘necessary’ and premium not recoverable from charterers
- Could owners be liable for conversion by retaining bunkers on board the vessel after withdrawal?
- Staying Court proceedings in favour of arbitration where the existence of the arbitration agreement is disputed
Shipping legislation and regulation
- The recent reform of German maritime law
- Revised MARPOL Annex V: an update
- Judgment calls into question ‘fast-track’ court sale procedure
- Court of Appeal clarifies time for determining whether breach of contract repudiatory
- Good faith obligations in contract: are the English Courts going soft?
News and events
- English High Court refuses to allow constitution of limitation fund by letter of undertaking
- Ince & Co celebrates 20th anniversary in Piraeus
- Ince & Co partner Albert Levy re-elected as chair of Superyacht UK
- Ince & Co advises Gunvor Singapore on $850m revolving credit facility
News from Ince & Co
News from The Lawyer
Briefings from Ince & Co
The Shipping E-Brief is a quarterly publication providing information on key legal decisions and developments in shipping and related business areas.
In an LMAA charterparty dispute between Sun United and Kasteli, owners’ claims had been secured by money paid into an escrow account in the name of charterers’ solicitors.