Shipping and Transport Bulletin — February–March 2014
NCTM has released the February–March edition of its Shipping and Transport Bulletin.
- State aid given to Italian stevedoring companies will not go unnoticed in Brussels
- Liability of shipowners in the transport of dual-use, or potentially dual-use, items
- The ‘Ocean Victory’ case and the safe port warranty
- Ship dismantling industry and the new European regulations: an occasion of development or a mere burden on shipowners’ costs?
- Suspension of VAT payment and fiscal warehouses, important case law news
- EU column: the most significant actions of the last two months concerning the international transport and trade sector
Click on the link below to read the rest of the NCTM briefing.
News from NCTM
News from The Lawyer
Briefings from NCTM
Advocate-general Pedro Cruz Villalón of the European Court of Justice has ruled on the nature and meaning of the concept of parody.
EU Court of Justice rules against referral to pre-determined percentages relating to the degree of recognition of the mark
The EU Court of Justice recently had the opportunity to clarify a set of crucial issues regarding the distinctive character of colour marks.
Analysis from The Lawyer
Being sent to London on secondment is a prized opportunity for associates in European firms