Restructuring e-newsletter — Global Insight — Issue 5
Global Insight is a digital publication bringing you news, views and analysis from DLA Piper’s Global Restructuring Group.
In this issue, DLA Piper takes a global look at restructuring and insolvency in the mining sector in its cross-border article. Other features in this issue include:
- Asia Pac — the new Companies Ordinance in Hong Kong — directors’ duties
- Asia Pac — enforcement strategies in China — using REJA as part of a restructuring strategy
- Italy — Italian bankruptcy reforms promote survival of distressed businesses
- Spain — investing in insolvent company assets in Spain
- UK — key considerations in retail sector insolvencies
- US — the intersection of national security and bankruptcy: injecting uncertainty into an already uncertain process
- US — protecting pre-petition liens from committee challenge in bankruptcy
- US — bankruptcy stay issues in insured D&O (directors and officers liability insurance) claims
- US — labour and employment law: chapter 11 considerations
If you are registered and logged in to the site, click on the link below to read the DLA Piper briefing. If not, please register or sign in with your details below.
News from DLA Piper
News from The Lawyer
Briefings from DLA Piper
‘Company Doe’ wins challenge but loses anonymity — ruling makes it tougher to confront erroneous online claims
A new decision by the Fourth Circuit Court of Appeal will require the lower court to unseal court documents.
The amendment has not yet been extended by ministerial decree to all companies falling within the scope of the Syntec agreement.
Analysis from The Lawyer
A new breed of lawyer is smoothing the path for companies entering emerging or unstable jurisdictions
The fragile refinance market is back in rude health and US-style alternative lenders are stepping up with innovative structures to sustain the recovery