Restructuring e-newsletter — Global Insight — Issue 5
Global Insight is a digital publication bringing you news, views and analysis from DLA Piper’s Global Restructuring Group.
In this issue, DLA Piper takes a global look at restructuring and insolvency in the mining sector in its cross-border article. Other features in this issue include:
- Asia Pac — the new Companies Ordinance in Hong Kong — directors’ duties
- Asia Pac — enforcement strategies in China — using REJA as part of a restructuring strategy
- Italy — Italian bankruptcy reforms promote survival of distressed businesses
- Spain — investing in insolvent company assets in Spain
- UK — key considerations in retail sector insolvencies
- US — the intersection of national security and bankruptcy: injecting uncertainty into an already uncertain process
- US — protecting pre-petition liens from committee challenge in bankruptcy
- US — bankruptcy stay issues in insured D&O (directors and officers liability insurance) claims
- US — labour and employment law: chapter 11 considerations
If you are registered and logged in to the site, click on the link below to read the DLA Piper briefing. If not, please register or sign in with your details below.
News from DLA Piper
News from The Lawyer
Briefings from DLA Piper
The US Supreme Court has invalidated federal aggregate limits on individual political contributions in the case McCutcheon et al v Federal Election Commission.
Law à la Mode — April 2014: fashion flair transforms wearable technologies; delivering IT services in the retail sector; and more
DLA Piper has released the April 2014 issue of its Law à la Mode publication.
Analysis from The Lawyer
A new breed of lawyer is smoothing the path for companies entering emerging or unstable jurisdictions
The fragile refinance market is back in rude health and US-style alternative lenders are stepping up with innovative structures to sustain the recovery