Restructuring e-newsletter — Global Insight — Issue 5
Global Insight is a digital publication bringing you news, views and analysis from DLA Piper’s Global Restructuring Group.
In this issue, DLA Piper takes a global look at restructuring and insolvency in the mining sector in its cross-border article. Other features in this issue include:
- Asia Pac — the new Companies Ordinance in Hong Kong — directors’ duties
- Asia Pac — enforcement strategies in China — using REJA as part of a restructuring strategy
- Italy — Italian bankruptcy reforms promote survival of distressed businesses
- Spain — investing in insolvent company assets in Spain
- UK — key considerations in retail sector insolvencies
- US — the intersection of national security and bankruptcy: injecting uncertainty into an already uncertain process
- US — protecting pre-petition liens from committee challenge in bankruptcy
- US — bankruptcy stay issues in insured D&O (directors and officers liability insurance) claims
- US — labour and employment law: chapter 11 considerations
If you are registered and logged in to the site, click on the link below to read the DLA Piper briefing. If not, please register or sign in with your details below.
Sign in or Register to continue reading this article
It's quick, easy and free!
It takes just 5 minutes to register. Answer a few simple questions and once completed you’ll have instant access.Register now
Why register to The Lawyer
In-depth, expert analysis into the stories behind the headlines from our leading team of journalists.
Identify the major players and business opportunities within a particular region through our series of free, special reports.
Receive your pick of The Lawyer's daily and weekly email newsletters, tailored by practice area, region and job function.
More relevant to you
To continue providing the best analysis, insight and news across the legal market we are collecting some information about who you are, what you do and where you work to improve The Lawyer and make it more relevant to you.
News from DLA Piper
News from The Lawyer
Briefings from DLA Piper
The Australian Taxation Office released a draft ruling on the Goods and Services Tax treatment of bitcoin transactions on 20 August 2014.
DLA Piper’s ‘Life sciences: patent extension strategies and antitrust global update’ video covers global antitrust and competition issues including product hopping and reverse payment patents.
Analysis from The Lawyer
Regulators are ramping up the pressure in the aftermath of recession, leaving firms to compete for compliance and restructuring work
Shearman & Sterling is making its presence felt in the City, squaring up to magic circle firms and looking to muscle in on key relationships. Private equity house Bridgepoint is one outfit that has had its head turned by the US firm.