Restructuring e-newsletter — Global Insight: Issue 10
Global Insight is a digital publication bringing you news, views and analysis from our global restructuring group.
- US: What does the Delaware Chancery Court’s Rural/Metro ruling mean for advisers to distressed companies?
- US: Outlook for corporate restructuring
- Netherlands: Rabobank decision — special duty of care
- Australia: Why global investors prefer Australian real estate
- UK: Commercial rent arrears recovery — an insolvency practitioner’s perspective
- UK: Insolvency in the fashion retail sector — risks and opportunities
- UK: The game changer — High Court judgment on rent payments upon administration
- Cross-border: APCOA — foreign companies increasingly using English schemes of arrangement
- Guest article: this issue also features a guest article from Deloitte partner Rob Harding on the current ‘Winds of Change’ in the restructuring market.
Click on the link below to read the DLA Piper briefing.
News from DLA Piper
News from The Lawyer
Briefings from DLA Piper
On 4 December 2013, the Italian Competition Authority (ICA) opened an investigation into one of Italy’s largest joint purchasing groups, Centrale Italiana.
Georgia Court of Appeals rules franchisees can assert claims for relief under Georgia’s tort statute for violating the FTC Franchise Rule
The Georgia Court of Appeals recently upheld a judgment entered on a jury verdict against a franchisor for violating the FTC’s Franchise Rule.
Analysis from The Lawyer
Shearman & Sterling is making its presence felt in the City, squaring up to magic circle firms and looking to muscle in on key relationships. Private equity house Bridgepoint is one outfit that has had its head turned by the US firm.
A new breed of lawyer is smoothing the path for companies entering emerging or unstable jurisdictions