Real Estate Gazette — issue 16, spring/summer 2014
Welcome to issue 16 of DLA Piper’s Real Estate Gazette. In the spring/summer 2014 edition, the firm focuses on infrastructure and its importance to the real-estate industry and real-estate development around the world.
- The movement of Asian capital into UK infrastructure projects
- New tax measures to assist foreign and domestic investors in infrastructure
- The new ‘rocket’ procedure speeds up complex projects in the Flemish region
- Issues in the infrastructure tendering process
- Time and cost overruns in large-scale construction projects — the German perspective
- The importance of infrastructure development and real-estate investment in the Middle East in anticipation of World Expo 2020 and the FIFA World Cup 2022
- Infrastructure development costs — Norwegian tax treatment
- New opportunities for developing privately funded infrastructure in Romania
- US infrastructure crisis — could the international model help?
- Practical aspects of removing tenants under commercial leases in France
- New legislation to encourage the development of sports facilities
- A national law to govern the use of undeveloped land?
- Ownership verification of real-estate assets under AIFMD
- Securing title to sites for wind turbine projects
- Real-estate investment trends in Portugal
- The effect on landowners and occupiers of the statutory revision of cadastral land values
- Interest in the hotel industry brings new life to the Spanish market
- New provisions on lease termination in the Turkish code of obligations
- UK Supreme Court decision and its impact on property injunctions
- A new Scottish property transactions tax
Click on the link below to read the DLA Piper briefing.
Sign in or Register to continue reading this article
It's quick, easy and free!
It takes just 5 minutes to register. Answer a few simple questions and once completed you’ll have instant access.Register now
Why register to The Lawyer
In-depth, expert analysis into the stories behind the headlines from our leading team of journalists.
Identify the major players and business opportunities within a particular region through our series of free, special reports.
Receive your pick of The Lawyer's daily and weekly email newsletters, tailored by practice area, region and job function.
More relevant to you
To continue providing the best analysis, insight and news across the legal market we are collecting some information about who you are, what you do and where you work to improve The Lawyer and make it more relevant to you.
News from DLA Piper
News from The Lawyer
Briefings from DLA Piper
The Australian Taxation Office released a draft ruling on the Goods and Services Tax treatment of bitcoin transactions on 20 August 2014.
DLA Piper’s ‘Life sciences: patent extension strategies and antitrust global update’ video covers global antitrust and competition issues including product hopping and reverse payment patents.
Analysis from The Lawyer
Cross-border work and political tensions are dominating this year’s entries for Finance Team of the Year at The Lawyer Awards.
Regulators are ramping up the pressure in the aftermath of recession, leaving firms to compete for compliance and restructuring work