Property Update — August 2014: planning, energy, construction, noise nuisance and more
Wragge Lawrence Graham & Co’s real-estate experts bring you the latest property law issues and provide action points to help you and your organisation.
- Landlord and tenant — a failure to keep a shop open meant that a tenant was not entitled to a new lease
- VAT — Court of Appeal rules that VAT not payable by a buyer despite the contract stating that the price was exclusive of VAT
- Noise nuisance — liability of landlords for tenants’ actions
- Land registration — rectification of the register of title can take effect retrospectively
- Planning — neighbourhood planning; enforcement using the Proceeds of Crime Act; and an LPA’s scheme of delegation
- Energy — another chance to read our alert on minimum energy efficiency standards that will have to be met before a building can be let
- Construction — another chance to read our alert on the issuing of certificates for construction projects
Click on the link below to read the Wragge Lawrence Graham & Co briefing.
Sign in or Register to continue reading this article
It's quick, easy and free!
It takes just 5 minutes to register. Answer a few simple questions and once completed you’ll have instant access.Register now
Why register to The Lawyer
In-depth, expert analysis into the stories behind the headlines from our leading team of journalists.
Identify the major players and business opportunities within a particular region through our series of free, special reports.
Receive your pick of The Lawyer's daily and weekly email newsletters, tailored by practice area, region and job function.
More relevant to you
To continue providing the best analysis, insight and news across the legal market we are collecting some information about who you are, what you do and where you work to improve The Lawyer and make it more relevant to you.
News from Wragge Lawrence Graham & Co
News from The Lawyer
Briefings from Wragge Lawrence Graham & Co
Changes to pensions and directors’ rules timetables, and more.
Also: forms of protection; enforcement of rights; and more.