Luxembourg legal update — June 2014: market abuse; the theft of intangible assets; and more
Arendt & Medernach has released the June 2014 issue of its Luxembourg legal update.
- Market abuse: new European rules
- Theft of intangible assets: the unauthorised downloading of computer data and the photocopying of documents can be considered as theft under article 461 of the Luxembourg Criminal Code
- Status and rights during the criminal investigation of a person having the status of a civil party following its indictment in the same criminal investigation
- Potential major reversal of case law in France relating to the sharing of liabilities between the offender and the victim for damage caused to assets by intentional criminal offences
- Packaged retail and insurance-based investment products
- MiFID II: main impact for the fund industry
- Luxembourg Private Placement Rules
Click on the link below to read the Arendt & Medernach briefing.
Sign in or Register to continue reading this article
It's quick, easy and free!
It takes just 5 minutes to register. Answer a few simple questions and once completed you’ll have instant access.Register now
Why register to The Lawyer
In-depth, expert analysis into the stories behind the headlines from our leading team of journalists.
Identify the major players and business opportunities within a particular region through our series of free, special reports.
Receive your pick of The Lawyer's daily and weekly email newsletters, tailored by practice area, region and job function.
More relevant to you
To continue providing the best analysis, insight and news across the legal market we are collecting some information about who you are, what you do and where you work to improve The Lawyer and make it more relevant to you.
News from Arendt & Medernach
Briefings from Arendt & Medernach
Luxembourg has now fully implemented the AIFMD. This will reinforce the country’s position as a global investment fund hub.
The CSSF has no objections to UCITS investing in China A-Shares using the Hong Kong-Shanghai Stock Connect platform.