IP Brief — 26 April 2013
Addleshaw Goddard has released its IP Brief dated 26 April 2013. Included in this issue:
- Court of Appeal upholds finding that website operator is jointly liable for infringement of database of live football data
- “Greek Yoghurt” must come from Greece
- PCC finds infringement of the copyright in a woollen fabric design for upholstery and furnishing
- Law Commission threatens new approach to groundless threats l Keep an eye on your subsidiaries…they could give away your IP
- Evolution of the new EU unitary patent reaches next stage
- Reform of Trade Mark Law — European Commission publishes proposals
- Replacing component parts not always a patent infringement l Internet browsing does not infringe copyright
- High Court continues to hold internet service providers liable for copyright breaches
If you are registered and logged in to the site, click on the link below to read the rest of the Addleshaw Goddard briefing. If not, please register or sign in with your details below.
Sign in or Register to continue reading this article
It's quick, easy and free!
It takes just 5 minutes to register. Answer a few simple questions and once completed you’ll have instant access.Register now
Why register to The Lawyer
In-depth, expert analysis into the stories behind the headlines from our leading team of journalists.
Identify the major players and business opportunities within a particular region through our series of free, special reports.
Receive your pick of The Lawyer's daily and weekly email newsletters, tailored by practice area, region and job function.
More relevant to you
To continue providing the best analysis, insight and news across the legal market we are collecting some information about who you are, what you do and where you work to improve The Lawyer and make it more relevant to you.
News from Addleshaw Goddard
News from The Lawyer
Briefings from Addleshaw Goddard
Update on credit developments.
An analysis of the CMA’s recent Crossrail decision.
Analysis from The Lawyer
Which firms are cutting it in this era of slimline rosters, and who are the GC new brooms making clean sweeps? The Lawyer can reveal all
Could Slater & Gordon achieve its stated aim of becoming a top consumer brand by acquiring Pannone?