InVest — February 2014: investments and funds
The investments and funds section of InVest includes an update from the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) on the Retail Distribution Review (RDR) post-implementation review timetable, the introduction of the Global Emerging Markets Bond sector, the European Union’s agreement over MiFID and more.
Contents: investments and funds
- FCA update on RDR post-implementation review timetable
- Fund allowing UK investors to buy into Chinese companies to list in London
- New investment sector launched
- EU agreement over MiFID
- Extension to deadlines re funding of credit institutions
- Corrigendum to directive amending Transparency Directive published
- CRR update
- Investors keep $6tr in hedge funds and PE
- FSCS figures reveal compensation bill for investment firms
- FMLC response to FCA CP13/5 on review of client assets regime
- Net retail fund sales exceed £20bn in 2013
- Feasibility study on approaches to aggregate OTC derivatives data — consultation
- EACB comments on ESMA’s ETFs and UCITS consultation paper
- Investment Management (Fiduciary Duties) Bill first reading
Click on the link below to read the Addleshaw Goddard briefing.
News from Addleshaw Goddard
News from The Lawyer
Briefings from Addleshaw Goddard
Addleshaw Goddard has released the July 2014 issue of its InVest publication.
InSure — July 2014: FCA review into insurance price-comparison websites; Insurance Bill introduced; and more
Addleshaw Goddard has published the July 2014 issue of its InSure publication.
Analysis from The Lawyer
Could Slater & Gordon achieve its stated aim of becoming a top consumer brand by acquiring Pannone?
The past five years have not been easy for Addleshaw Goddard. The firm’s revenue fell 7 per cent from £173.1m to £161.9m between 2008/09 and 2010/11 and despite finances looking up in 2011/12, when Addleshaws reported a 30 per cent increase in net profit, it has shown no notable compound growth in turnover since 2007/08.