InSure — July 2014: FCA review into insurance price-comparison websites; Insurance Bill introduced; and more
This month’s round-up of developments affecting the insurance industry sees the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) publish a thematic review into insurance price-comparison websites; the Insurance Bill being introduced into UK Parliament; and the Chartered Insurance Institute (CII) publish guidance on whistleblowing.
- IAIS consults on draft application paper on supervisory colleges
- EIOPA follow up on PPI
- EIOPA speeches
- PRA speech on recent developments in prudential supervision of insurers
- ABI comments on solicitors professional indemnity insurance
- ABI responds to Transport Committee report on motor insurance
- ABI calls for further clarity for customers
- Guidelines on motor claims history declarations released
- ABI response to HM Treasury Freedom and choice in pensions announcement on the Guidance Guarantee
- CII guidance on whistleblowing
- FOS publishes ombudsman news issue 118
New legislation and consultations
- Government introduces new Insurance Bill
- EIOPA consultation: draft guidelines on LEI use
- IAIS issues second consultation on Basic Capital Requirements for Global Systemically Important Insurers
- Solvency II update
- EIOPA stress test and Q&A
- Corrigendum to Solvency II published
- EIOPA updates Q&As on submission of information to NCAs
- FCA thematic review into insurance price-comparison websites
- BIBA urges FCA to act on comparison website findings
- EBA publishes final draft RTS on minimum monetary amount of professional indemnity insurance
- Lloyd’s publishes minimum standards that align with Solvency II
- PRA policy statement on 2014-15 regulatory fees and levies
- Consistency required for over-the-counter derivatives rules
- Transfers of insurance business can take place between UK and Gibraltar insurers
- Lloyd’s agreement with US revenue authority on reporting of tax information under FATCA
Click on the link below to read the Addleshaw Goddard briefing.
Sign in or Register to continue reading this article
It's quick, easy and free!
It takes just 5 minutes to register. Answer a few simple questions and once completed you’ll have instant access.Register now
Why register to The Lawyer
In-depth, expert analysis into the stories behind the headlines from our leading team of journalists.
Identify the major players and business opportunities within a particular region through our series of free, special reports.
Receive your pick of The Lawyer's daily and weekly email newsletters, tailored by practice area, region and job function.
More relevant to you
To continue providing the best analysis, insight and news across the legal market we are collecting some information about who you are, what you do and where you work to improve The Lawyer and make it more relevant to you.
News from Addleshaw Goddard
News from The Lawyer
Briefings from Addleshaw Goddard
Addleshaw Goddard has released the 25 November 2014 edition of its InCredit publication.
Addleshaw Goddard has published this month’s round-up of developments affecting banks, wealth managers, brokers and funds.
Analysis from The Lawyer
Which firms are cutting it in this era of slimline rosters, and who are the GC new brooms making clean sweeps? The Lawyer can reveal all
Could Slater & Gordon achieve its stated aim of becoming a top consumer brand by acquiring Pannone?