Insurance and Reinsurance Newsletter: Italy — January 2014
DLA Piper Italy has published the January 2014 issue of the Insurance and Reinsurance Newsletter.
- IVASS — towards Solvency II
- IVASS — non-life long-term insurance contracts. Evidence of discount in the policy and withdrawal
- IVASS — change of rules for the professional proficiency of agents and brokers
- Claims made clauses: recent confirmation by the Supreme Court of Cassation
- Life insurance policies — right of withdrawal — EU Court of Justice
- The Supreme Court of Cassation on the difference between clauses that define the risk insured and those that limit the liability of the insurer
- Early decisions (contrasting) relating to medical liability following the ‘Balduzzi Decree’
- Non-pecuniary loss and scope of application of art. 139 of the Insurance Code — contrasting case law
- Public officials — ‘in-house’ companies — liability for loss caused to the public purse — a recent Supreme Court of Cassation decision
If you are registered and logged in to the site, click on the link below to read the rest of the DLA Piper briefing. If not, please register or sign in with your details below.
News from DLA Piper
News from The Lawyer
Briefings from DLA Piper
DLA Piper’s privacy experts have compiled a list of dos and don’ts for addressing privacy compliance in M&A transactions.
On 22 July 2014, a new law amending the Law on Data Protection and Law on Information was signed off by the Russian president and thus was officially adopted.
Analysis from The Lawyer
Shearman & Sterling is making its presence felt in the City, squaring up to magic circle firms and looking to muscle in on key relationships. Private equity house Bridgepoint is one outfit that has had its head turned by the US firm.
A new breed of lawyer is smoothing the path for companies entering emerging or unstable jurisdictions