InCredit — January 2014: consumer credit
This month’s round-up of developments affecting the consumer credit industry sees:the Financial Services (Banking Reform) Bill receive Royal Assent; the EU agree a landmark bank deal; recommended changes to the Draft Consumer Rights Bill; and the publication of the Mortgage Credit Directive text.
Contents: consumer credit
- Major changes to Draft Consumer Rights Bill recommended
- FCA updates consumer credit webpage
- FLA calls on FCA to prioritise approach to credit regulation
- New FCA webpage on enforcing its consumer credit regime
- FCA fees and levies update for consumer credit licence holders
- Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 (Consumer Credit) (Transitional Provisions) Order 2013
- LSB publishes revised Lending Code; reports on themed reviews of unarranged overdrafts
- Court of Appeal — unfair relationship cases — S140A Consumer Credit Act 1974
- BIS Committee report on payday loans
- Call to ban payday loan adverts at Commonwealth Games
Click on the link below to read the rest of the Addleshaw Goddard briefing.
Sign in or Register to continue reading this article
It's quick, easy and free!
It takes just 5 minutes to register. Answer a few simple questions and once completed you’ll have instant access.Register now
Why register to The Lawyer
In-depth, expert analysis into the stories behind the headlines from our leading team of journalists.
Identify the major players and business opportunities within a particular region through our series of free, special reports.
Receive your pick of The Lawyer's daily and weekly email newsletters, tailored by practice area, region and job function.
More relevant to you
To continue providing the best analysis, insight and news across the legal market we are collecting some information about who you are, what you do and where you work to improve The Lawyer and make it more relevant to you.
News from Addleshaw Goddard
News from The Lawyer
Briefings from Addleshaw Goddard
Addleshaw Goddard looks back at the key legislative developments for 2014.
Addleshaw Goddard gives an overview of future legislative developements for the coming year.
Analysis from The Lawyer
Which firms are cutting it in this era of slimline rosters, and who are the GC new brooms making clean sweeps? The Lawyer can reveal all
Could Slater & Gordon achieve its stated aim of becoming a top consumer brand by acquiring Pannone?