InCredit — February 2014: consumer credit
This month’s round-up of developments affecting the consumer credit industry sees an announcement on the progress of the Consumer Rights Bill; the European Commission announce its plans for structural reform of the EU banking sector; and the EC adopt the Mortgage Credit Directive.
Contents: consumer credit
- Consumer Rights Bill progress
- BSA and FLA response to FCA CP13/10 on consumer credit regime
- High Cost Credit Bill — provisional sitting for second reading debate
- Draft SI’s relating to transfer of consumer credit regime published
- DECC additional response to consultation on definition of ‘debtor’ in s189 of the CCA 1974 for Green Deal
- Payday loans ‘fund cost of housing’
- FLA publishes November lending figures
- FCA publishes new consumer credit webpages
- UK Statutory Instrument: the Co-operative and Community Benefit Societies and Credit Unions Act 2010 (Commencement No. 2) Order 2014 (30 January 2014)
- EU Council on SEPA amendments
Click on the link below to read the rest of the Addleshaw Goddard briefing.
Sign in or Register to continue reading this article
It's quick, easy and free!
It takes just 5 minutes to register. Answer a few simple questions and once completed you’ll have instant access.Register now
Why register to The Lawyer
In-depth, expert analysis into the stories behind the headlines from our leading team of journalists.
Identify the major players and business opportunities within a particular region through our series of free, special reports.
Receive your pick of The Lawyer's daily and weekly email newsletters, tailored by practice area, region and job function.
More relevant to you
To continue providing the best analysis, insight and news across the legal market we are collecting some information about who you are, what you do and where you work to improve The Lawyer and make it more relevant to you.
News from The Lawyer
Analysis from The Lawyer
Which firms are cutting it in this era of slimline rosters, and who are the GC new brooms making clean sweeps? The Lawyer can reveal all
Could Slater & Gordon achieve its stated aim of becoming a top consumer brand by acquiring Pannone?