Video: Guide to a Career in Law
This 30-minute video hosted in association with BPP University College will help sixth formers and school leavers find out how they can take their first few steps to a career in law. The content will cover how to set you apart from other students, how important are A-Level results and reasons for pursuing a career in law. Expert views are provided by Peter Crisp, dean of BPP Law School, Anita Downman, LLB student, Sharon Jacobs, graduate recruiter at Linklaters, trainees from Baker & Mckenzie and Bircham Dyson Bell, and, finally, students who attended Lawyer 2B’s Year 12 Career Days.
Why are you interested in a career in law?
Peter Crisp Interview — dean, BPP Law School
What are you doing to set yourself apart from other students?
Sharon Jacobs, Linklaters: What is your firm doing to help year 12 students?
- How important are A-Level grades to a successful career in law?
- How should a student do to impress you?
- Apart from getting good A-Level grades, what else should a year 12 student be doing?
Monika Weglarz, Bircham Dyson Bell and Peter Moules, Baker & McKenzie
- What advice would you give to a year 12 student thinking about a career in law?
- Describe your average day
- What do you hope to gain from the Lawyer 2B year 12 career day?
- What’s the best experience you’ve had as a trainee?
Anita Downman Interview — LLB student, BPP Law School
Yasmin Ali Khan, subject leader, Barnet College
- Why did you and your students attend the Lawyer 2B year 12 career day?
- How are you helping our students make career decisions?
- What does attendance at these events do for students?
- What one thing could potential employers do to help your students?
- What one thing can you students do to help themselves?
Sign in or Register to continue reading this article
It's quick, easy and free!
It takes just 5 minutes to register. Answer a few simple questions and once completed you’ll have instant access.Register now
Why register to The Lawyer
In-depth, expert analysis into the stories behind the headlines from our leading team of journalists.
Identify the major players and business opportunities within a particular region through our series of free, special reports.
Receive your pick of The Lawyer's daily and weekly email newsletters, tailored by practice area, region and job function.
More relevant to you
To continue providing the best analysis, insight and news across the legal market we are collecting some information about who you are, what you do and where you work to improve The Lawyer and make it more relevant to you.
Briefings from Lawyer 2B
Lawyer 2B is the leading dedicated news-led magazine and website for aspiring lawyers, solicitors or barristers.
Making training contract applications this summer? Watch this video first!