Global mobility and business immigration

A question often asked is: ‘How can employees be transferred from a parent company or a group company overseas to the UK branch for a specific project or period of time?’

The answer often lies within the Tier 2 Intra-Company Transfer arrangements for those employers who are registered as sponsors with the UK Border Agency (UKBA).

Tier 2 Intra-Company Transfer is a category within the Points-Based Immigration System that allows multinational companies to transfer staff to the UK to work on a long-term basis (up to five years usually) or for frequent short-term visits. All roles filled in the UK must be skilled/graduate-level roles…

Click on the link below to read the rest of the Gateley briefing.

Sign in or Register to continue reading this article

Sign in


It's quick, easy and free!

It takes just 5 minutes to register. Answer a few simple questions and once completed you’ll have instant access.

Register now

Why register to The Lawyer


Industry insight

In-depth, expert analysis into the stories behind the headlines from our leading team of journalists.


Market intelligence

Identify the major players and business opportunities within a particular region through our series of free, special reports.


Email newsletters

Receive your pick of The Lawyer's daily and weekly email newsletters, tailored by practice area, region and job function.

More relevant to you

To continue providing the best analysis, insight and news across the legal market we are collecting some information about who you are, what you do and where you work to improve The Lawyer and make it more relevant to you.

Briefings from Gateley Plc

View more briefings from Gateley Plc

Analysis from The Lawyer

View more analysis from The Lawyer


111 Edmund Street
B3 2HJ

Turnover (£m): 71.70
No. of lawyers: 406