Global Insight — Issue 8, Q4 2013
Global Insight is a digital publication bringing you news, views and analysis from DLA Piper’s global restructuring group.
- Americas — case study: orchard supply — a lesson in the creative use of DIP financing
- Americas — banker beware: safeguarding advisory fees in bankruptcy
- Europe — the third stage of German insolvency reform: corporate group insolvencies
- UK — opportunities and challenges in the UK legal sector: alternative business structure
- Asia-Pacific — Vietnamese restructuring using an English scheme of arrangement
- Asia-Pacific — recovering domestic taxes and penalties on a pari passu basis before Australian assets are remitted to foreign liquidators
- Cross-border — global restructuring group news round-up
If you are registered and logged in to the site, click on the link below to read the DLA Piper briefing. If not, please register or sign in with your details below.
News from DLA Piper
News from The Lawyer
Briefings from DLA Piper
European Commission fines Servier and five generic companies for curbing entry of cheaper versions of cardiovascular medicine
The European Commission has imposed fines totalling €427.7m on the French pharmaceutical company Servier and five producers of generic medicines.
Letter from America: NY High Court to address continuing vitality of ‘separate entity’ rule for international banks with New York branches
This September, New York’s highest court will consider an issue of significant interest to international banks with a New York presence.
Analysis from The Lawyer
Shearman & Sterling is making its presence felt in the City, squaring up to magic circle firms and looking to muscle in on key relationships. Private equity house Bridgepoint is one outfit that has had its head turned by the US firm.
A new breed of lawyer is smoothing the path for companies entering emerging or unstable jurisdictions