Global Insight — Issue 8, Q4 2013
Global Insight is a digital publication bringing you news, views and analysis from DLA Piper’s global restructuring group.
- Americas — case study: orchard supply — a lesson in the creative use of DIP financing
- Americas — banker beware: safeguarding advisory fees in bankruptcy
- Europe — the third stage of German insolvency reform: corporate group insolvencies
- UK — opportunities and challenges in the UK legal sector: alternative business structure
- Asia-Pacific — Vietnamese restructuring using an English scheme of arrangement
- Asia-Pacific — recovering domestic taxes and penalties on a pari passu basis before Australian assets are remitted to foreign liquidators
- Cross-border — global restructuring group news round-up
If you are registered and logged in to the site, click on the link below to read the DLA Piper briefing. If not, please register or sign in with your details below.
News from DLA Piper
News from The Lawyer
Briefings from DLA Piper
Cour de Cassation quashes decision that disregarded ICC rule on time limits to arbitrator challenges — two takeaways
This milestone decision further limits the scope for French courts to annul arbitration awards and reinforces the efficiency of France-seated arbitral proceedings.
This decision is in line with a possible judicial trend towards enforceability of good faith obligations under English law.
Analysis from The Lawyer
Shearman & Sterling is making its presence felt in the City, squaring up to magic circle firms and looking to muscle in on key relationships. Private equity house Bridgepoint is one outfit that has had its head turned by the US firm.
A new breed of lawyer is smoothing the path for companies entering emerging or unstable jurisdictions