Food and Beverage News and Trends: bill aims to impose federal excise tax on sugary drinks; Red Bull agrees to settle consumer class action on advertising claims; and more
By Stefanie Jill Fogel, Mary B Langowski and Tiffani V Williams
This regular publication by DLA Piper lawyers focuses on helping clients navigate the ever-changing business, legal and regulatory landscape.
In this issue
- Bill aims to impose federal excise tax on sugary drinks
- Red Bull agrees to settle consumer class action on advertising claims
- Bill would prohibit use of BPA in food packaging
- Walmart faces lawsuit over juice labelling
- California going forward with soda tax
- Congressman expects state measure against GMO crops will pass
- Groups look to intervene in GMO lawsuit in Vermont
Click on the link below to read the rest of the DLA Piper briefing.
News from DLA Piper
News from The Lawyer
Briefings from DLA Piper
Global Financial Markets Insight — the case for a better-functioning securitisation market; the cost of holding ABS; and more
DLA Piper has released the latest version (issue 4, Q3 2014) of its Global Financial Markets Insight publication.
Corporate Insurance Trends 2014 is a collection of articles highlighting some trends and key issues for financial lines insurers and their insureds in 2014.
Analysis from The Lawyer
Shearman & Sterling is making its presence felt in the City, squaring up to magic circle firms and looking to muscle in on key relationships. Private equity house Bridgepoint is one outfit that has had its head turned by the US firm.
A new breed of lawyer is smoothing the path for companies entering emerging or unstable jurisdictions