Employee Incentives Update — September 2012
Welcome to the September 2012 edition of our Employee Incentives Update. The update contains a round-up of recent developments and case law in this area during the last three months. This issue’s contents:
- BIS publishes final proposals on reforms to executive remuneration
- HMRC consults on draft general anti-abuse legislation
- Draft legislation to implement a statutory tax residence test published
- HMRC issues response to Office of Tax Simplification report on taxadvantaged share plans
- Extension of Enterprise Management Incentive share options to academics
- HMRC guidance on market value for Share Incentive Plans
- Elections to be taxed on actual market value can be provided electronically
- Office of Tax Simplification publishes interim report on unapproved schemes
- Employee benefit trust settlement opportunity: HMRC publishes FAQs
- What constitutes a loan for tax purposes?
- France and Switzerland…
If you are registered and logged in to the site, click on the link below to read the rest of the Addleshaw Goddard briefing. If not, please register or sign in with your details below.
News from Addleshaw Goddard
News from The Lawyer
Briefings from Addleshaw Goddard
Consultations released on implementation of energy efficiency regulation of the private rented sector
The Department for Energy & Climate Change has published the long-awaited consultation on implementing the provisions of the Energy Act 2011.
The Court of Appeal has overturned a High Court judge’s decision to add words to a non-compete restriction, which had originally offered the employer very little protection.
Analysis from The Lawyer
Could Slater & Gordon achieve its stated aim of becoming a top consumer brand by acquiring Pannone?
The past five years have not been easy for Addleshaw Goddard. The firm’s revenue fell 7 per cent from £173.1m to £161.9m between 2008/09 and 2010/11 and despite finances looking up in 2011/12, when Addleshaws reported a 30 per cent increase in net profit, it has shown no notable compound growth in turnover since 2007/08.