Employee Incentive Update: August 2014 — case law, tax and financial services
Welcome to the latest edition of the Employee Incentives Update, which contains a round-up of key developments in this area during August 2014.
- When is a decision to be properly regarded as an exercise of discretion? The High Court considers this issue in the context of the assessment of the size of a bonus pool
- HMRC publishes a set of frequently asked questions (FAQs) on the new online annual filing service for employment-related securities
- The Office of Tax Simplification (OTS) publishes final report on the taxation of termination payments
- How should payments for discrimination be taxed? The First-tier Tribunal considers this issue in the context of an age discrimination claim
- HMRC announces withdrawal of employee benefit trust (EBT) settlement opportunity
- A hearing date has now been set for the government’s legal challenge to the ‘bonus cap’
Click on the link below to read the Addleshaw Goddard briefing.
Sign in or Register to continue reading this article
It's quick, easy and free!
It takes just 5 minutes to register. Answer a few simple questions and once completed you’ll have instant access.Register now
Why register to The Lawyer
In-depth, expert analysis into the stories behind the headlines from our leading team of journalists.
Identify the major players and business opportunities within a particular region through our series of free, special reports.
Receive your pick of The Lawyer's daily and weekly email newsletters, tailored by practice area, region and job function.
More relevant to you
To continue providing the best analysis, insight and news across the legal market we are collecting some information about who you are, what you do and where you work to improve The Lawyer and make it more relevant to you.
News from Addleshaw Goddard
News from The Lawyer
Briefings from Addleshaw Goddard
Update on credit developments.
An analysis of the CMA’s recent Crossrail decision.
Analysis from The Lawyer
Which firms are cutting it in this era of slimline rosters, and who are the GC new brooms making clean sweeps? The Lawyer can reveal all
Could Slater & Gordon achieve its stated aim of becoming a top consumer brand by acquiring Pannone?