Data & Information E-Alerts — 3 May 2013
The 3 May 2013 edition of Addleshaw Goddard’s Data & Information E-Alerts publication is available now.
- Internet Sweep Day: 6–11 May 2013
- ICO’s quarterly report on tackling spam texts and nuisance calls
- Enterprise and Regulatory Reform Bill receives Royal Assent
- ICO ‘shines a light’ on private investigators
- Cyber security organisational standards
- Designation of the smart metering installation code of practice
- Caldicott review: information governance in the health and care system
- The ABI and BIBA publish consumer guide to help customers buying ‘pay how you drive’ insurance
- Enhanced criminal record certificates — R (L) v Chief Constable of Cumbria Constabulary  EWHC 869 (Admin)
- Opinion 04/2013 on the Data Protection Impact Assessment (DPIA) Template for Smart Grids and Smart Metering Systems prepared by Expert Group 2 of the Smart Grid Task Force
- Explanatory document on processor binding corporate rules
- EDPS Opinion on the Communication from the Commission to the European Parliament and the Council entitled ‘Strengthening law enforcement co-operation in the EU: the European Information Exchange Model (EIXM)’
- Office of the Australian Information Commissioner — guide to information security: ‘reasonable steps’ to protect personal information
News from Addleshaw Goddard
News from The Lawyer
Briefings from Addleshaw Goddard
Addleshaw Goddard has released the July 2014 issue of its InVest publication.
InSure — July 2014: FCA review into insurance price-comparison websites; Insurance Bill introduced; and more
Addleshaw Goddard has published the July 2014 issue of its InSure publication.
Analysis from The Lawyer
Could Slater & Gordon achieve its stated aim of becoming a top consumer brand by acquiring Pannone?
The past five years have not been easy for Addleshaw Goddard. The firm’s revenue fell 7 per cent from £173.1m to £161.9m between 2008/09 and 2010/11 and despite finances looking up in 2011/12, when Addleshaws reported a 30 per cent increase in net profit, it has shown no notable compound growth in turnover since 2007/08.