Data & Information E-Alerts — 20 December 2013
Addleshaw Goddard has released the 20 December 2013 issue of its Data & Information E-Alerts publication.
- Payday loans company fined £175,000 over millions of spam texts
- UK cyber-security strategy two years on
- Cyber-security guiding principles
- Mass surveillance is unacceptable — US action to restore trust is needed now
- Justice Council: we need a simple solution for citizens and business on data protection
- Incompatibility of Data Retention Directive with Charter of Fundamental Rights
- European Parliament adopts resolution on cloud computing
- The Court of Justice of the European Union rules that public authority subject access fees are awful
- Canada’s Anti-Spam legislation
If you are registered and logged in to the site, click on the link below to read the Addleshaw Goddard briefing. If not, please register or sign in with your details below.
Sign in or Register to continue reading this article
It's quick, easy and free!
It takes just 5 minutes to register. Answer a few simple questions and once completed you’ll have instant access.Register now
Why register to The Lawyer
In-depth, expert analysis into the stories behind the headlines from our leading team of journalists.
Identify the major players and business opportunities within a particular region through our series of free, special reports.
Receive your pick of The Lawyer's daily and weekly email newsletters, tailored by practice area, region and job function.
More relevant to you
To continue providing the best analysis, insight and news across the legal market we are collecting some information about who you are, what you do and where you work to improve The Lawyer and make it more relevant to you.
News from Addleshaw Goddard
News from The Lawyer
Briefings from Addleshaw Goddard
InCredit — new rules on credit broking fees and financial promotions; FCA webpage on rules for loan-based crowdfunding platforms; CML responds on FPC direction powers
This edition includes new rules on credit broking fees, the Q3 SME lending stats and the European Banking Authority’s thoughts on credit institutions.
InCredit – FCA structural changes; speech by CEO of Competition & Markets Authority; PRA update on implementing BRRD; and more
Addleshaw Goddard’s weekly publication provides information on current retail finance issues, regulatory and legislative developments, market watch and ASA adjudications.
Analysis from The Lawyer
Which firms are cutting it in this era of slimline rosters, and who are the GC new brooms making clean sweeps? The Lawyer can reveal all
Could Slater & Gordon achieve its stated aim of becoming a top consumer brand by acquiring Pannone?