Data and Information E-Alerts — 1 October 2013
The 1 October 2013 issue of Addleshaw Goddard’s Data and Information E-Alerts publication is available now.
- Scottish border monetary penalty: information tribunal final decision notice
- Small business warned about importance of encryption, after London sole trader fined £5,000
- ICO carried resolution encouraging greater co-ordination of global data protection enforcement
- Smart metering implementation programme — designation of the Smart Energy Code and charging methodology
- EU Directive on Network and Information Security: call for evidence
- Games industry should not pressure children to purchase, says OFT
- MEPs raise concerns over alleged NSA misuse of Europeans’ personal bank data
If you are registered and logged in to the site, click on the link below to read the Addleshaw Goddard briefing. If not, please register or sign in with your details below.
News from Addleshaw Goddard
News from The Lawyer
Briefings from Addleshaw Goddard
Consultations released on implementation of energy efficiency regulation of the private rented sector
The Department for Energy & Climate Change has published the long-awaited consultation on implementing the provisions of the Energy Act 2011.
The Court of Appeal has overturned a High Court judge’s decision to add words to a non-compete restriction, which had originally offered the employer very little protection.
Analysis from The Lawyer
Could Slater & Gordon achieve its stated aim of becoming a top consumer brand by acquiring Pannone?
The past five years have not been easy for Addleshaw Goddard. The firm’s revenue fell 7 per cent from £173.1m to £161.9m between 2008/09 and 2010/11 and despite finances looking up in 2011/12, when Addleshaws reported a 30 per cent increase in net profit, it has shown no notable compound growth in turnover since 2007/08.