Data and Information E-Alert — 14 May 2013
Addleshaw Goddard has released its Data and Information E-Alert, dated 14 May 2013.
Included in this issue:
- ICO report highlights uncertainty on cost of EU data protection reform
- ICO joins global sweep to improve website privacy policies
- ICO helps prompt fraud arrests as reports of pension spam texts triple
- Smart metering delivery plan pushed back to 2010
- Queen’s speech 2013: Proposals on the investigation of crime in cyberspace
- MALG/Royal College of Psychiatrists Briefing Note No. 4: Appropriately processing data from individuals with mental health problems
- ICO publishes new guidance on vexatious requests
- Protection of personal data in work-related relations
- LIBE vote on draft Data Protection Regulation before summer recess
- Council Presidency proposals on aspects of EU data protection reform leaked
- Johnson’s bill, the Application Privacy, Protection and Security Act of 2013 (HR1913)
If you are registered and logged in to the site, click on the link below to read the rest of the Addleshaw Goddard briefing. If not, please register or sign in with your details below.
Sign in or Register to continue reading this article
It's quick, easy and free!
It takes just 5 minutes to register. Answer a few simple questions and once completed you’ll have instant access.Register now
Why register to The Lawyer
In-depth, expert analysis into the stories behind the headlines from our leading team of journalists.
Identify the major players and business opportunities within a particular region through our series of free, special reports.
Receive your pick of The Lawyer's daily and weekly email newsletters, tailored by practice area, region and job function.
More relevant to you
To continue providing the best analysis, insight and news across the legal market we are collecting some information about who you are, what you do and where you work to improve The Lawyer and make it more relevant to you.
News from Addleshaw Goddard
News from The Lawyer
Briefings from Addleshaw Goddard
InCredit — new controller form for intragroup transactions; PPI complaints set to continue; and more
Addleshaw Goddard’s weekly publication provides information on current retail finance issues, regulatory and legislative developments, market watch and ASA adjudications.
Data Issues Roundup — firm warned to stop nuisance text messages; EU ruling on CCTV; ICO's privacy seals; and more
Addleshaw Goddard has released the 19 January 2014 issue of its Data Issues Roundup .
Analysis from The Lawyer
Which firms are cutting it in this era of slimline rosters, and who are the GC new brooms making clean sweeps? The Lawyer can reveal all
Could Slater & Gordon achieve its stated aim of becoming a top consumer brand by acquiring Pannone?