Data and Information E-Alert — 14 May 2013
Addleshaw Goddard has released its Data and Information E-Alert, dated 14 May 2013.
Included in this issue:
- ICO report highlights uncertainty on cost of EU data protection reform
- ICO joins global sweep to improve website privacy policies
- ICO helps prompt fraud arrests as reports of pension spam texts triple
- Smart metering delivery plan pushed back to 2010
- Queen’s speech 2013: Proposals on the investigation of crime in cyberspace
- MALG/Royal College of Psychiatrists Briefing Note No. 4: Appropriately processing data from individuals with mental health problems
- ICO publishes new guidance on vexatious requests
- Protection of personal data in work-related relations
- LIBE vote on draft Data Protection Regulation before summer recess
- Council Presidency proposals on aspects of EU data protection reform leaked
- Johnson’s bill, the Application Privacy, Protection and Security Act of 2013 (HR1913)
If you are registered and logged in to the site, click on the link below to read the rest of the Addleshaw Goddard briefing. If not, please register or sign in with your details below.
News from Addleshaw Goddard
News from The Lawyer
Briefings from Addleshaw Goddard
Consultations released on implementation of energy efficiency regulation of the private rented sector
The Department for Energy & Climate Change has published the long-awaited consultation on implementing the provisions of the Energy Act 2011.
The Court of Appeal has overturned a High Court judge’s decision to add words to a non-compete restriction, which had originally offered the employer very little protection.
Analysis from The Lawyer
Could Slater & Gordon achieve its stated aim of becoming a top consumer brand by acquiring Pannone?
The past five years have not been easy for Addleshaw Goddard. The firm’s revenue fell 7 per cent from £173.1m to £161.9m between 2008/09 and 2010/11 and despite finances looking up in 2011/12, when Addleshaws reported a 30 per cent increase in net profit, it has shown no notable compound growth in turnover since 2007/08.