Case law round-up — March 2014: Norbrook Laboratories (GB) v Shaw; Z v A; and more
Walker Morris has released the March 2014 issue of its Case law round-up.
- Whistleblowing — chain of email correspondence capable of being a protected disclosure: Norbrook Laboratories (GB) Ltd v Shaw [UKEAT/0150/13]
- Dismissal of school caretaker for historical unproven abuse allegations was unfair: Z v A [UKEAT/0203/13; UKEAT/0380/13]
- Misconduct dismissal — ‘reasonable band of responses’ test: GM Packaging v Haslem [UKEAT/2014/0259]
- Equality Act 2010 prohibits post-employment victimisation: Rowstock v Jessemey
- Caste discrimination: Tirkey v Chandok and another [ET/3400174/13]
Click on the link below to read the Walker Morris briefing.
Sign in or Register to continue reading this article
It's quick, easy and free!
It takes just 5 minutes to register. Answer a few simple questions and once completed you’ll have instant access.Register now
Why register to The Lawyer
In-depth, expert analysis into the stories behind the headlines from our leading team of journalists.
Identify the major players and business opportunities within a particular region through our series of free, special reports.
Receive your pick of The Lawyer's daily and weekly email newsletters, tailored by practice area, region and job function.
More relevant to you
To continue providing the best analysis, insight and news across the legal market we are collecting some information about who you are, what you do and where you work to improve The Lawyer and make it more relevant to you.
News from Walker Morris
News from The Lawyer
Briefings from Walker Morris
Some interesting recent Technology and Construction Court cases that provide clarification on adjudication procedures and rules.
No need to aggregate redundancies.
Analysis from The Lawyer
Which firms are cutting it in this era of slimline rosters, and who are the GC new brooms making clean sweeps? The Lawyer can reveal all
The law school war shows no signs of ending. But we have, perhaps, reached the end of the beginning.