Alcohol strategy consultation
The alcohol strategy consultation (the Consultation) published on 28 November 2012 seeks views on a number of proposed changes to the licensing laws. The Consultation will run for 10 weeks from 28 November 2012 until 6 February 2013.
This Consultation purports to put forward proposals and questions on five key areas, these are:
- The price level and mechanisms for a minimum unit price for alcohol;
- Introducing a ban on multi-buy promotions in the off-trade;
- Reviewing the mandatory licensing conditions;
- Introducing health as a licensing objective for cumulative impact; and
- Reducing the burden of regulation on responsible businesses.
If you are registered and logged in to the site, click on the link below to read the rest of the Winckworth Sherwood briefing. If not, please register or sign in with your details below.
Click on the link above to download briefing.
News from Winckworth Sherwood
News from The Lawyer
Briefings from Winckworth Sherwood
There are now a number of government-backed schemes in existence with the intention of making home ownership more affordable and accessible to the general public.
A court has held that in certain circumstances a collateral warranty may be a ‘construction contract’ that brings with it the requirements of the Construction Act.