Alcohol strategy consultation
The alcohol strategy consultation (the Consultation) published on 28 November 2012 seeks views on a number of proposed changes to the licensing laws. The Consultation will run for 10 weeks from 28 November 2012 until 6 February 2013.
This Consultation purports to put forward proposals and questions on five key areas, these are:
- The price level and mechanisms for a minimum unit price for alcohol;
- Introducing a ban on multi-buy promotions in the off-trade;
- Reviewing the mandatory licensing conditions;
- Introducing health as a licensing objective for cumulative impact; and
- Reducing the burden of regulation on responsible businesses.
If you are registered and logged in to the site, click on the link below to read the rest of the Winckworth Sherwood briefing. If not, please register or sign in with your details below.
Click on the link above to download briefing.
News from Winckworth Sherwood
News from The Lawyer
Briefings from Winckworth Sherwood
Yasmin Prest won her landmark divorce ruling when the Supreme Court ordered Mr Prest’s companies to transfer to her a number of properties as part of her lump-sum award.
The Court of Appeal has declined to introduce the detailed guidelines on awards for injury to feelings for discrimination into the DPA regime.