I am the reporter for The Lawyer's student magazine and website Lawyer2B and Lawyer2B.com. I am interested in hearing news or receiving comment on legal education providers and higher education as well as news from student law societies and university unions. I also cover developments in graduate recruitment and trainees at firms, and pupillages and all forms of training at chambers. I am constantly on the lookout for profiles and mini-interviews of students, pupils, trainees and NQs with interesting stories to share. Follow Lawyer2B @lawyer2bmag.
- 020 7970 4641
With a grounding in both telecoms and M&A, Sarah Binder is well placed to face the challenges that come with being director of legal and compliance at entrepreneurial and fast-growing PlusNet.
Widespread generous pay hikes for NQs, but US firms focus on rewarding trainees.
The former lord chief justice Lord Woolf was made a Companion of Honour on the Queen’s birthday honours list, with a number of other lawyers also recognised including former National Grid general counsel Helen Mahy.
- A&O claws back Latin America launch partner from Paul Hastings subscription
- Black spider letters: Government’s last word ‘annihilated’ subscription
- In-house interview: Nick Maltby, Genomics England
- At last, the gender balance at the top of UK law firms begins to shift subscription
- Nabarro continues trend of reduced promotions with three new partners subscription
- Ashurst set to receive £2.4m grant for Glasgow as development agency targets law firms subscription
- Hot 100 alumni: Mr Bond, aka Simpson Thacher’s Gil Strauss subscription
- The in-house interview: Iceland legal director Duncan Vaughan subscription
- In-housers to share out £1bn bonus pot as salaries soar subscription
- Hot 100 alumni: Charlotte Harris, Kingsley Napley subscription
- Magic circle re-builds the pyramid structure subscription
- Quinn Emanuel's Sue Prevezer QC: driven, dedicated, focused subscription
- Nabarro delays annual pay review to 2014/15 financial year-end subscription
- Olswang CEO elections still months away as firm searches for candidates subscription
- Herbies trainee network good, but not enough subscription
- Hogan Lovells launches global 25-hour citizenship target for all staff subscription
- Recruiting Generation Y subscription