The Lawyer Asia Pacific 150 is the only research report to provide a ranking of the top 100 independent local firms and top 50 global firms in the region. The report offers critical review of some of the fastest growing firms and their strategies, a country-by-country guide to leading legal advisers and legal services market trends, plus exclusive insight into the current business development opportunities in the Asia Pacific. Read more
This year, The Lawyer’s annual ranking of the largest UK law firms by turnover is available as an interactive, digital benchmarking tool. For the first time this will allow you to manipulate each data set against the metrics of your choice.
Merseyside-based firm Barnetts Solicitors enjoyed a record-breaking year with a turnover of £12m. The four-partner firm (only two of whom are equity) specialises in conveyancing, in which it claims the largest volume of cases in the UK and which constitutes 90 per cent of turnover. The remaining 10 per cent is derived from personal injury (PI) litigation. In the past year Barnetts has doubled the number of remortgage completions it handles, increased its sales and purchases completions by 35 per cent and its commercial completions by 24 per cent. The commercial property department now handles an average of £25m lending a month. The firm’s next major project is to develop its online legal service, called Click, which offers online assistance in conveyancing and PI and commercial property cases.