I'm the City editor. I oversee our reporting of deals and am responsible for the weekly Deals Insider email newsletter that comes out every Monday, covering client relationships, legal fees and data-led market trends. I also write stories and analysis on the top City law firms, with a focus on the magic and silver circle and in-house matters at big banks and corporates. Come to me with news about top firms, deals, legal panels and my pet subject, the collapse of US law firm Dewey & LeBoeuf. Follow me at @TheLawyerJoshua.
- 020 7970 4557
The UK Market Register shows the extent to which US firms, notably Baker & McKenzie, Latham & Watkins and White & Case, are now entrenched in the UK legal market.
41-50 segments: extracts subscription
We examine the UK’s top 50 law firms in groups of 10 – here are some extracts from the full report
Legal fees on UK public M&A are dwarfed by those paid to investment bankers on the same deals, with lawyers billing up to 70 per cent less on takeovers during the first half of 2013, according to research by The Lawyer.
- Lawyers vs bankers subscription
- Legal fees plummet to £26m in quiet first half for public M&A subscription
- Olswang, Reed Smith and Simmons among candidates for YouView panel subscription
- Copyright theft fighter FACT installs Lotus IP lawyer as first GC subscription
- Change in the air for Barclays panel subscription
- FFW and OC: near as dammit to a merger subscription
- YouView head of legal: Vitale statistics subscription
- Clifford Chance revenue drops 2.5 per cent as PEP slips to £1m subscription
- FFW enters Asia through Shanghai tie-up under new Swiss Verein subscription
- Norton Rose's Martocracy subscription
- Latham opposite Slaughters in first Carlyle role since key CC hire subscription
- SJ Berwin in talks to outsource 20-person document production unit subscription
- Linklaters PEP rises 6.5 per cent, turnover up 1 per cent to £1.195bn subscription
- Ashurst PEP falls 9 per cent as top of equity slumps below £1m subscription
- Norton Rose posts £845m revenue for non-Fulbright business subscription
- SJ Berwin picks McKinsey accountant as first-ever COO subscription
- Slaughters emerges from Treasury pitch with RBS break-up mandate subscription