The Lawyer Asia Pacific 150 is the only research report to provide a ranking of the top 100 independent local firms and top 50 global firms in the region. The report offers critical review of some of the fastest growing firms and their strategies, a country-by-country guide to leading legal advisers and legal services market trends, plus exclusive insight into the current business development opportunities in the Asia Pacific. Read more
This year, The Lawyer’s annual ranking of the largest UK law firms by turnover is available as an interactive, digital benchmarking tool. For the first time this will allow you to manipulate each data set against the metrics of your choice.
The College of Law has been short-listed for best contribution by a law school in the Attorney General’s Pro Bono Awards for the fifth year running.
Awards organiser and LawWorks head of projects Martin Curtis will be introducing the short-listed candidates to the Attorney General Dominic Grieve on 30 March at the House of Lords when the winners will be announced.
In addition to the law school category there are three other awards, best individual, best team and new pro bono activity.
Candidates who have been short-listed for the best individual category are in with the chance of being offered a one-week stint in Canada with LexisNexis.
The judges this year included Lawyer 2B’s editor Husnara Begum, LawWorks trustee and former director of BPP Law School’s pro bono centre Kara Irwin, head of academic development at LexisNexis Tom Laidlaw, and the vice president of the Law Society of England & Wales John Wotton.
The full shortlist:
Best Contribution by an Individual Student
· Ryan Whelan, University of Aberdeen
· Marie-Claire Amuah, BPP Law School
· Helen Webster, Nottingham Law School
· Joma Cook, Northumbria Law School
· Alasdair Stewart, University of Strathclyde
· Georgina Murray, the College of Law
Best Contribution by a Law School
· Queen Mary, University of London
· The College of Law
· BPP Law School
· University of Kent
· University of Hull
Best Contribution by a Team of Students
· BPP Law School, Streetlaw Homesless Team
· Queen Mary, University of London, LGBT Team
· The College of Law, Moorgate, Bail Advice Team
· University of Strathclyde, Law Clinic Projects Team
· BPP Law School, School Exclusions Unit
Best New Student Pro Bono Activity
· BPP Law School, Islington Law Centre Form Filling Clinic
· Nottingham Law School, Will Writing Project
· The College of Law, Bristol, FEAL Project
· University of the West of England, Domestic Abuse Service